• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next gen gaming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next gen gaming

Poll to follow
    PlayStation 5
    16.67%
    Xbox series X
    4.17%
    PC with Nvidia 3090/3080
    25.00%
    All of the above!
    8.33%
    I only play RPG with andyW’s mum
    45.83%

Looking forward to pairing the new AMD and Nvidia, no so much for gaming, will be a fine upgrade from a laptop.

Comment

Never owned a console, always went for PC games, but I haven't bought a gaming PC in years as I fell out of the habit of playing.

I am quite interested in trying out GeForce Now looks like a good option for playing games without the need to buy kit. I have a free account but not yet synced it with my Steam library.

Comment

Nah, gF now sucks

Comment

none of the above
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'll get a series x, probably after Christmas. new TV with it as well. LG OLED48CX.

Spend too much time in front of a PC, absolutely no interest in gaming on one.

Comment

Get a PC and expense it to your LTD

Consoles are cheaper up front but the sheer wealth of PC games and the prices, even for new titles, will save you a lot of money.

Plus, we all need a PC anyway so you're buying 2 things.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                Get a PC and expense it to your LTD

Consoles are cheaper up front but the sheer wealth of PC games and the prices, even for new titles, will save you a lot of money.

Plus, we all need a PC anyway so you're buying 2 things.
                Exactly why I never felt the need to buy a console. There are times where single purpose objects are the best thing for a given task but, for games, I don't think it's necessary

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Exactly why I never felt the need to buy a console. There are times where single purpose objects are the best thing for a given task but, for games, I don't think it's necessary
                  But PC gaming isn't family friendly, if that kind of thing matters to you. It's easier for the kids to use a console and for us to play 2/3/4 player games together to at least get some time sharing the experience on the same screen in one room.

Comment

I think the idea you have to have a box by the telly to play computer games is soooo 1990's.

10 years from now, not one of them will exist.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X