• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next gen gaming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Never owned a console, always went for PC games, but I haven't bought a gaming PC in years as I fell out of the habit of playing.

I am quite interested in trying out GeForce Now looks like a good option for playing games without the need to buy kit. I have a free account but not yet synced it with my Steam library.
    Been on GeForce Now for a few months. It’s great for turn based or strategy games. I am playing Battletech and Star Renegades on their at the moment.

I am not sure how good it is for games requiring fast reactions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Regarding next gen. I am PS4 now. But thinking PC next gen. Reasons for going PC are:

*you get the Xbox games anyway
      *consoles are very expensive once you add in £50 annual Xbox live or PlayStation plus fees, particularly over 7 years.
      *both new consoles do not have much SSD storage. Extra SSD storage is expensive. Proprietary SSD tech on Xbox even more expensive.
      *I don’t like the lack of mouse support on consoles. They could put it in, but they don’t.
      *some brilliant indie games that are PC only
      *lack of decent console exclusive games this gen, in fact I am amazed by the lack of decent exclusives on release. Worst generation in 12 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Comment

Oi, ministrone, how is your new console?

Come out and play!

Comment

And yet all my kids go on about is a £3.99 game on Steam called 'Among Us'.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              And yet all my kids go on about is a £3.99 game on Steam called 'Among Us'.

qh
              You are lucky with kids - games for new gen consoles are like t0-70 quid, how the feck kids can afford it or parents?

Comment

We got an XBone as it was the most affordable way to get a 4K disc player and provided Netflix et al in one box with the option to play a few games.
                Bought the odd game but very rarely play them and as it turns out, I think we only own 2 UHD discs which we haven't watched yet (Planet Earth or one of those).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You are lucky with kids - games for new gen consoles are like t0-70 quid, how the feck kids can afford it or parents?
                  Thankfully I've steered my lad down the home pc/gaming rig route, a bit cheaper anyway and you learn as you go.

He understands the high costs of PS/Xbox games and steam is a bit more economical and is decent when they have a sale on specific games. £6.99 for Halo 3? Oh yes!

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Thankfully I've steered my lad down the home pc/gaming rig route, a bit cheaper anyway and you learn as you go.

He understands the high costs of PS/Xbox games and steam is a bit more economical and is decent when they have a sale on specific games. £6.99 for Halo 3? Oh yes!

qh
                    So at £350 just for a graphics card to run the latest games well, how is it cheaper?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      So at £350 just for a graphics card to run the latest games well, how is it cheaper?
                      Never said I would be playing the latest games as that's a battle you never win.

From what I have seen games on Steam are cheaper than the physical cd game you get for Xbox/PS/Switch.

qh

Comment

Working...
                      X