• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russians spread fake news over Oxford coronavirus vaccine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russians spread fake news over Oxford coronavirus vaccine

“A Russian disinformation campaign designed to undermine and spread fear about the Oxford University coronavirus vaccine has been exposed by a Times investigation.

Pictures, memes and video clips depicting the British-made vaccine as dangerous have been devised in Russia and middlemen are now seeking to “seed” the images on social media networks around the world.

The crude theme of the distorted images is that the vaccine, millions of doses of which will be manufactured by the pharmaceutical giant Astrazeneca, could turn people into monkeys because it uses a chimpanzee virus as a vector. The campaign is being targeted at countries where Russia wants to sell its own Sputnik V vaccine, as well as western nations.“

Russians spread fake news over Oxford coronavirus vaccine | News | The Times

Where is our resident Mor On?

This one is better

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

“A Russian disinformation campaign designed to undermine and spread fear about the Oxford University coronavirus vaccine has been exposed by a Times investigation.

Pictures, memes and video clips depicting the British-made vaccine as dangerous have been devised in Russia and middlemen are now seeking to “seed” the images on social media networks around the world.

The crude theme of the distorted images is that the vaccine, millions of doses of which will be manufactured by the pharmaceutical giant Astrazeneca, could turn people into monkeys because it uses a chimpanzee virus as a vector. The campaign is being targeted at countries where Russia wants to sell its own Sputnik V vaccine, as well as western nations.“

Russians spread fake news over Oxford coronavirus vaccine | News | The Times

Where is our resident Mor On?
      Vesti vs The Times; best to ignore both of them.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Vesti vs The Times; best to ignore both of them.
        They are both going ape

Comment

I thought the Russians had their own vaccination....
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            I thought the Russians had their own vaccination....
            Yes, and unsurprisingly it was rubbished by the British media. It seems the Russian media is using tit for tat.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

apparently Chinese vaccine is very successful.
              it helps when you have vaccine ready before you release a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Yes, and unsurprisingly it was rubbished by the British media. It seems the Russian media is using tit for tat.
                But they said that it was going to be ready by October.

Tick tock Comrades...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm not sure sharing a screenshot of a TV program that, by their own admission, is meant for a global audience is really doing much exposing.

Comment

Fact is any vaccine rushed out shortcutting normal safety procedures is dangerous.

Just because that's the truth doesn't make those wary of the fact an anti-vaxxer.

Roll up, roll up, get your vaccine before crimbo. It's the beta release where covidiots are the testers.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X