• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a new contract like at the mo?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a new contract like at the mo?

Not sure if any of you lot are getting new contracts working away from home at the moment but it must be horrid.

I used to like staying in a new place in the week and used to get to know a few people at the local pub or, ahem, meet a few ladies at discos. Must be awful not having the chance to meet anyone outside of work.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not sure if any of you lot are getting new contracts working away from home at the moment but it must be horrid.

I used to like staying in a new place in the week and used to get to know a few people at the local pub or, ahem, meet a few ladies at discos. Must be awful not having the chance to meet anyone outside of work.
    I doubt many people are working away from home at the moment.

Comment

Do you work in 1995?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Do you work in 1995?
        1975. He used to leave them a calling punch card.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          1975. He used to leave them a calling punch card.

This is Xoggy our resident macabre, he used to leave them under the floorboards.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            This is Xoggy our resident macabre, he used to leave them under the floorboards.
            Nah, that's where he used to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Do you work in 1995?
              Yeh. Or was it 1895?

I doubt many people are working away from home at the moment
              Must be some where working from home is not an option due to security. I had a few contracts in defence.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

That too. I used to claim it on my expenses but don't tell HMRC.
                  bloggoth

Comment

All WFH here. No opportunity to go gold digging in hotel bars.

Comment

Working...
                    X