• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan - [Insert letter of your choice here]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    There are plenty of opportunities.
    I have 2.3 billion worth of stuff available - all sectors - no joke.

4651 £2,375,022,878.77 £510,647.79 £1.00 £213,809,379.00
    I have another 77 pubs and a few other things waiting to be listed this afternoon too.
    Guest houses/B&B's. Be careful what you are paying for. The business value could well be lower than the bricks and mortar value. Pay closer to business value if you can.

Hotels some are on a fire sale but some vendors are holding firm. I will have more in soon in addition to the 51 I already have. I have a 31 bed hotel on the south coast for peanuts if you can be very quick. Best and final offer by noon on Monday Guiding at £275,000. Cash buyers only must complete within 21 days of Monday and indemnify.

As Ladymuck says I know an awful lot about this stuff. A link to my listings mag is is my sig.
    I produce a listings magazine and also write "Market Comment"

I am always happy to answer questions from folk here. Just reply to this post or get in touch privately of you prefer but I am happy to answer questions and provide advice openly.

If anyone wants me to advertise to find them a new business that is fine too.
    That hotel - it's not Richard's by any chance is it? If it is then that is indeed a beautiful plot with bags of potential and planning already in place for conversion to apartments. Shame he has to sell it, but there are problems with his business partner going under unfortunately (I mean in financial trouble, not dead ). It will go for £500k+ I reckon.

I would have gone for it but it's not in my area and I don't like to invest far from home. Bad experiences in the past etc.

If you have anything in the S.E. like towards the west side of London like Berkshire/Bucks, or down in Kent near Ebbsfleet/Gravesend, then do give me a shout. Looking for businesses where the building plot has potential for conversion to residential units.

Will chat in more detail with you soon no doubt.

Comment

New Years Eve and New Years Day come to mind
      No one actually knows what will happen past Crimbo yet.
      It is difficult to tell.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        That hotel - it's not Richard's by any chance is it? If it is then that is indeed a beautiful plot with bags of potential and planning already in place for conversion to apartments. Shame he has to sell it, but there are problems with his business partner going under unfortunately (I mean in financial trouble, not dead ). It will go for £500k+ I reckon.

I would have gone for it but it's not in my area and I don't like to invest far from home. Bad experiences in the past etc.

If you have anything in the S.E. like towards the west side of London like Berkshire/Bucks, or down in Kent near Ebbsfleet/Gravesend, then do give me a shout. Looking for businesses where the building plot has potential for conversion to residential units.

Will chat in more detail with you soon no doubt.
        yep.
        I know an offer has already put in over 350K
        I have few things might tempt.
        Can you give idea of budget for me? Here or privately please.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          if gov keeps printing money and propping up the system, we get rampant inflation. Unless the money does not reach the lower floors of society -> than they would be f-ed anyway.

if they stop printing the financial sector will start clearing their books and panic will set in. '08 crisis almost wiped out the financial system, now we might be in a similar situation.
          we had CDO's -> collateralised debt obligation now we have bespoke trench opportunity

we might see a nationalisation of economy, I think already the state has bought 1/3 of mortgages in some countries. but how would this create a fairer system for everyone? if you pamper and isolate the old a rich and drown in debt the young and poor?
          I for one am loosing any will to do anything productive in this world.
          if being an immigrant and trying to make it and support the entitled ones was not hard enough, now having a society segregated based on wealth and less meritorious makes me question even more my role in this world.

and I guess plenty of people would feel very similar.

That's a bad sign, but agree. Reward for skilled labour is at an absolute low at the moment. Why work for something when you can print it? This dangerous debasement of currency is a sure way to provoke civil unrest in a society.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

yep.
            I know an offer has already put in over 350K
            I have few things might tempt.
            Can you give idea of budget for me? Here or privately please.
            Richard had an offer of £380k that was moving forward a few months ago but fell through due to cold-feet when the buyer discovered some legal issues with Richard's partner. These issues wouldn't have affected the new buyer but I guess he didn't know any better. What a bargain that would have been! Anyway that's another story and unfortunately one I can't be a part of. Nice to see that we share some circles.

Will certainly PM you in due course. Am wrapping up my contracting business and will have funds to invest, hopefully early 2021. I'm not in a great rush as I'm forecasting quite the turbulent year ahead, but I'm ready to discuss and network and work on ideas with people. My usual business is BTL/HMOs but I want to diversify into other areas, though I really have no set idea as to what - could be resi development, could be another business. Quite happy to put some £ into an idea and share the work/effort to grow a business.

I've lost a great deal of money in the past so will be somewhat defensive and sceptical - no disrespect meant, I will just need to be really careful of where I put my money now.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              That's a bad sign, but agree. Reward for skilled labour is at an absolute low at the moment. Why work for something when you can print it? This dangerous debasement of currency is a sure way to provoke civil unrest in a society.
              It's just the beginning of the end of modern empires.

Every empire eventually collapses.

We still have long enough to ride our lives through the western economies, but our children will need to be much more adaptive and accommodating.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Richard had an offer of £380k that was moving forward a few months ago but fell through due to cold-feet when the buyer discovered some legal issues with Richard's partner. These issues wouldn't have affected the new buyer but I guess he didn't know any better. What a bargain that would have been! Anyway that's another story and unfortunately one I can't be a part of. Nice to see that we share some circles.

Will certainly PM you in due course. Am wrapping up my contracting business and will have funds to invest, hopefully early 2021. I'm not in a great rush as I'm forecasting quite the turbulent year ahead, but I'm ready to discuss and network and work on ideas with people. My usual business is BTL/HMOs but I want to diversify into other areas, though I really have no set idea as to what - could be resi development, could be another business. Quite happy to put some £ into an idea and share the work/effort to grow a business.

I've lost a great deal of money in the past so will be somewhat defensive and sceptical - no disrespect meant, I will just need to be really careful of where I put my money now.
                Heres a little sample of some stuff based on this post and your previous post to whet your appetite:

4059 Vacant Derelict Site Croydon 2 acre derelict site in Croydon location, currently as grass, derelict buildings and small concrete hard. Good residential potential. Price:£POA. London Property Listing £2,000,000.00

4062 Ecclesiastical Site Surrey Ecclesiastical site in nice North Surrey location. 9000 sqft church. 3 bedroom home. Parking for 40. 3000 sqft hall. 0.45 acre grounds mainly set to lawn with herbaceous borders. Offers over £2,800,000. Alternative use STPP. No permissions in place. Home Counties Property Listing

4055 South West London Development Site 0.45 acre site with good main road frontage in a smart and affluent South West London location for sale. Excellent mixed use potential STPP. London Property Listing £6,000,000.00

4057 Vacant Derelict Site South East London 0.7 acre derelict site in nice South East London location, currently as derelict 1 and story buildings and concrete hard. Good residential potential. Price:£POA. London Property Listing £5,000,000.00

1648 Berkshire Country Hotel For Sale 50 Bedroom freehold country house hotel for sale. 12 acres of grounds. Bar, Restaurant, Gym, good parking, scope to expand and develop. Price £POA. Home Counties Hotels Listing £5,000,000.00

9 HMO Portfolio Teeside An experienced HMO operator is offering a portfolio of HMO properties for sale.in the Teeside region. Yield 7.65 % Asking £1.85 million. Northern England Property Listing £1,850,000.00
                181 Surrey Development Site Development Site for sale. Planning permission for 30 x 2 bed flats for sale.. All Property Listing £2,000,000.00

There is everything from aircraft through to Vending machines.
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Have you got any derelict Victorian style nuclear bunkers in the West Midlands area?

Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Have you got any derelict Victorian style nuclear bunkers in the West Midlands area?

Asking for a friend

No but I have have property, hotels, retail businesses, industrial stuff, restaurants, pubs and 2 aircraft!
                    95 opportunities in the Midlands at the moment.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Aircraft?

Was thinking about flying lessons.. any pilots amongst us?

For those interested in land / property, why not just buy British Land company shares? They seem quite oversold at this time.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X