• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Rail Scotrail-Glasgow Queen Street 1989

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Rail Scotrail-Glasgow Queen Street 1989

Don't know why the Youtube Algorithm thinks I want to see this, I'm not a train spotter!

I can remember travelling on that inter-city down to London. I can even remember our folks treated us bairns with an upgrade to 1st and I had something equivalent to roast beef and taties. Wonder how much that ticket was. Probably not the cost of a flight to Thailand that it is today.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I hope they did not make Her Majesty open window at stop to bend over in order to open it from the outside

Comment

My Youtube recommends covered train vids now - make it stop!! Gonna make me home sick...

Scotrail were sneaky, "Scotrail bought the recently refurbished GWR HST trains they pulled from service, and then branded them Scotrail, Scotrial didn't do the interior refurbishment though that was GWR when they owned them"

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ah, the thrash of the Class 47 locomotives

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I hope they did not make Her Majesty open window at stop to bend over in order to open it from the outside
          Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          My Youtube recommends covered train vids now - make it stop!! Gonna make me home sick...

Scotrail were sneaky, "Scotrail bought the recently refurbished GWR HST trains they pulled from service, and then branded them Scotrail, Scotrial didn't do the interior refurbishment though that was GWR when they owned them"
          Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Ah, the thrash of the Class 47 locomotives
          FOG!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

There's been a lovely series about Glasgow Central station on BBC:
            BBC Scotland - Inside Central Station, Series 1, Episode 1

Maybe they should do one about Queen Street too?

Comment

Working...
            X