• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss To Introduce More Covid Measures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss To Introduce More Covid Measures

Switzerland is stepping up its measures to tackle Covid-19, with new restrictions coming into force tomorrow.

From Monday, gatherings of more than 15 people in public places will be banned while masks must be worn in all indoor public places, including cinemas, shop and churches. Masks will also be mandatory at locations including train stations and airports in addition to being a requirement on public transport. Home working is now recommended, while customers will have to be seated to be served in restaurants and bars.

The restrictions come as the Swiss government takes stock of a rapid rise in cases – current figures reveal that 1,823 people have died in Switzerland so far, while daily reported new infections are up by 150% compared with the past week. On Friday, alone there were 3,105 new infections recorded. The government said:

The sharp increase in the number of cases in recent days is worrying. It is evident in all age groups and in all cantons. The number of hospitalisations is also increasing.

Coronavirus live news: senior PLO figure hospitalised; Swiss prepare for more restrictions | World news | The Guardian
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

If you hadn't posted, I might not have been aware! So thanks for that. Masks have been mandatory in shops in the city for a while now. But locally, we didn't have to. Main changes for me will be wearing masks in changing rooms at the gym/sauna, local shops and at the bus/tram stop. I did notice that hospitalisations had gone from 78 to 137, weeks 40 to 41.

Baden-Würtenburg (Germany) has put in new measures, but has determined that it's important for the economy to keep the borders in the area where Switzerland, Germany and France come together (the three country triangle).

Funny that BL14 finds all this boring. Not being interested in what's happening outside your own village is very much a Swiss trait. Perhaps he was here too long.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If you hadn't posted, I might not have been aware! So thanks for that. Masks have been mandatory in shops in the city for a while now. But locally, we didn't have to. Main changes for me will be wearing masks in changing rooms at the gym/sauna, local shops and at the bus/tram stop. I did notice that hospitalisations had gone from 78 to 137, weeks 40 to 41.

Baden-Würtenburg (Germany) has put in new measures, but has determined that it's important for the economy to keep the borders in the area where Switzerland, Germany and France come together (the three country triangle).

Funny that BL14 finds all this boring. Not being interested in what's happening outside your own village is very much a Swiss trait. Perhaps he was here too long.
        That's why I posted as I know some posters are in certain countries.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          That's why I posted as I know some posters are in certain countries.
          Geo-targeted DOOM at its best - there will be no escape, not even in Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Naah, he is just a twat.

Comment

Is this DOOM or SE providing a public service? If the latter it ought to be in the Coronavirus Assistance forum. If it's just more 'mongering' then it is a bit as everywhere, everyday there's more DOOM going on and it does get tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Is this DOOM or SE providing a public service? If the latter it ought to be in the Coronavirus Assistance forum. If it's just more 'mongering' then it is a bit as everywhere, everyday there's more DOOM going on and it does get tiresome.
                it's DOOM as a certain poster reacts to it.

Comment

Extra points for triggering the usual suspects!

Double if they are over 65!

Comment

Working...
                  X