• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Is that good luck that you get turned down and don't buy just before a drop or !? I can't see it dropping much myself with such low interest rates.
    it's a good luck to whoever is wanting/needing to buy a house now.

prices will drop more or less depending on the areas, but that's not going to last long; people are always going to need houses.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

prices will drop more or less depending on the areas, but that's not going to last long; people are always going to need houses.
      Affordable housing near me starts at about £750K for a 2 bedroom flat (10 min walk to canary wharf) must be 50K new flats in last 3 years and thousands more being or about to be built

Now canary wharf is a ghost town forever, now it’s proved we don’t need offices

Rents already down 30%

House prices will soon follow as people move out of the shires or get kicked out as not paying mortgages or rent

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

FOaTw.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Let's hope it actually happens

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Affordable housing near me starts at about £750K for a 2 bedroom flat (10 min walk to canary wharf) must be 50K new flats in last 3 years and thousands more being or about to be built

Now canary wharf is a ghost town forever, now it’s proved we don’t need offices

Rents already down 30%

House prices will soon follow as people move out of the shires or get kicked out as not paying mortgages or rent

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            That's why I said "depending on the areas" London is doomed; I'm actually surprised those ridiculous prices held up this long.

Comment

That's why I said "depending on the areas" London is doomed; I'm actually surprised those ridiculous prices held up this long.
              Foreign “no questions asked” money

Comment

If the banks are dropping valuations for mortgage purposes, the volume of people able to afford any particular house will naturally fall too. It'll come down to sellers willingness/need to sell at lower prices.
                Last edited by Paralytic; 19 October 2020, 09:32.

Comment

Working...
                X