• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: diesels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is driving diesel Hondas though? I never saw many on the motorways. Probably a lot to do with Honda diesels not being very desirable with British company car drivers.

I will be more impressed if BMW, Audi, and Mercedes talk about taking away their diesel company cars. They make up most company cars on motorways that I see.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      “ Diesel cars have been withdrawn from sale by a leading manufacturer in the clearest sign yet that their days on British roads are numbered.

The Times has learnt that Honda has stopped selling new diesel cars, with the last vehicles expected to be out of dealerships within a few weeks.

The Japanese company is the biggest manufacturer to date to ditch diesel in Britain after bringing forward plans to switch to 100 per cent green technology in the next two years.”

Honda ditches diesel and phases out pure petrol models three years early | News | The Times

Will anybody think of Swindon?
      Old news, from 2019: Honda To End Diesel Car Sales In Europe In 2021: Report
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
        who is driving diesel Hondas though? I never saw many on the motorways. Probably a lot to do with Honda diesels not being very desirable with British company car drivers.

I will be more impressed if BMW, Audi, and Mercedes talk about taking away their diesel company cars. They make up most company cars on motorways that I see.
        It depends who makes the engine; Peugeot Citroen make a various Diesel engines for BMW, Ford, Fiat, and various Japanese cars.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          Amazing.. hopefully dealers will start making similar announcements for petrol cars in 5 years or so.
          I think some have already - well more accurately have said they are already setting end dates for petrol, ceasing R&D on new models. I'm sure one of the big brands announced they are no longer developing new petrol/diesel cars at all (not sure if they include hybrids) though I forget who.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X