• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump will win the presidency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you insult someone publicly, they might be upset. There is growing support to "make China pay" amongst working class Americans.

Wars have started over less.
    To be fair Biden will be no better with China.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you insult someone publicly, they might be upset. There is growing support to "make China pay" amongst working class Americans. Wars have started over less.
      And - your conclusion is that war is likely to start? There is zero chance of that, I reckon US won't even start war when (not if) China takes over Taiwan.

"Make China pay" under Trump means excise duty on some Chinese goods that are paid by... Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Biden will be a lot better, but that does not mean that suddenly US companies will pull all manufacturing from China because American consumer won't tolerate price increases that it will result in.

Long term containment strategy by engaging with China's neighbours will be a go though.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He doesn't blame China for Covid, or claim they covered it up, or say they need to be punished.
          Trump is advocating a strongly protectionist foreign policy. There is a grassroots movement to buy American, not be reliant on China, not buy cheap "chinesium" products, etc.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And - your conclusion is that war is likely to start? There is zero chance of that, I reckon US won't even start war when (not if) China takes over Taiwan.

"Make China pay" under Trump means excise duty on some Chinese goods that are paid by... Americans.
          I don't think we'll see a shooting war, though with Trump I wouldn't be 100% confident. A cold war could be envisaged.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't think we'll see a shooting war, though with Trump I wouldn't be 100% confident. A cold war could be envisaged.
            Trump is cowardly piece of tulip, plus he is acting in the best interests of Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

Comment

There is a grassroots movement to buy American, not be reliant on China, not buy cheap "chinesium" products, etc.
              Yes sure, Buy American - easy to say, but there is no choice in large categories of goods where having even Mexican manufacturing is not profitable so nobody would invest into that and thus no products.

Comment

Yes sure, Buy American - easy to say, but there is no choice in large categories of goods where having even Mexican manufacturing is not profitable so nobody would invest into that and thus no products.
                Lots of people are boycotting China.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There is zero negative effect on China from that.

Plus they are not the country that would allow even effective boycott to change their policies.

How you are going to boycott if there is no alternative available anyway? And as I've patiently explained above China is making whole categories of products that are not produced locally in the US or UK or many other countries.

Comment

Trump is cowardly piece of tulip, plus he is acting in the best interests of Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.
                    you know a draft dodger when you see one, eh?

Comment

The Chinese boycott from Trump supporters is a pin prick. They don't actually know which goods are Chinese. They're buying iPhones for example-

Huge Chinese trade surplus returns

China is actually winning the trade war.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X