• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone roaming charges in the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Indeed it does.

Secretary at BAE a week or two ago 'oh that's an international number, I don't know to do that' I giggled at the thought of Germany being international and sighed at the lack of knowledge.
    What, answer the phone or write down the number? I ring up my customers all over the world, including the UK, and have never, ever, ever, seen such a problem. They even ring me back occasionally...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      What, answer the phone or write down the number? I ring up my customers all over the world, including the UK, and have never, ever, ever, seen such a problem. They even ring me back occasionally...
      Was more people error than technical. She sounded young.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Here it starts. A Vodafone apologist - heard it all now.
        How am I a Vodafone apologist? You live outside the UK so presumably have no rights to cheap UK based roaming. You are breaking their terms and conditions, suck it up fella. When I moved to South Africa I had to sign up to a SA provider as I was no longer allowed to use the Three roaming - that's life mate

I continue to support clients I've worked over the years via retainers still running. I plan to let them expire when possible.
        So, when you've said on here that you no longer work and all your mega income is from your gambling on stocks you was lying (as usual)? You just can't keep your story straight can you mate?

If you're so cock sure of your stocks gambling, and you never need to work a real day again as you earn millions a year, why do you need to keep old clients at all? Something smells here
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And yet we still keep arguing with you

Tell you what fella, here's some free advice. Get yourself a notebook and write down all the different stories you've told on here. Then, before you next post on here have a look through your notebook first to see if this conflicts with a fictitious story you've already told us. That way you can try to keep your porkies consistent
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

"It's easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled"

Mark Twain or was it the Vodefone CEO mantra

Comment

Which is why I ignore you 99% of the time...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As I said, if you have a UK phone, and are in Germany, there is no additional cost to check your voicemail. Are you sure you have a clue what you are talking about? Please check and report back.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    As I said, if you have a UK phone, and are in Germany, there is no additional cost to check your voicemail. Are you sure you have a clue what you are talking about? Please check and report back.
                    That only works while the phone id deemed to be roaming in Germany and not permanently located in Germany.

All the roaming T&Cs will have limitations on them, from memory for 3 it was 90 days from the last usage in the UK and I used to have to remember to switch on the mifi device when returning to the UK once in a while.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Which is why I ignore you 99% of the time...
                      I tried to keep the thread on-topic, really I do. Will add Whorty to the ignore list as well, should help.

Comment

Working...
                      X