• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Government at war with Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I am speaking to you from the cabinet room at 10 Downing Street. This morning the British ambassador in Manchester handed the Manchester government a final note stating that unless we heard from them by 12 o'clock that they were prepared at once to a level 3 lockdown; war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Manchester.

You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me that all my long struggle to win peace has failed. Yet I cannot believe that there is anything more, or anything different, that I could have done and that would have been more successful. Up to the very last it would have been quite possible to have arranged a peaceful and honourable settlement between Manchester and Westminster. But Manchester would not have it. Although Manchester now says they put forward reasonable proposals which were rejected by Westminster, that is not a true statement.

No people or country could feel itself safe, had become intolerable. And now that we have resolved to finish it, I know that you will all play your part with calmness and courage.

Boris Johnson
    What if Manchester win the war. Will it become the new capital. Our kid for PM:-)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      He just has the Chair of the 1922 committee as one of the MPs backing him.

So Brexit done, Boris bye bye
      You're delusional, pissed or both.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Andy Burnham holds nothing, he's playing political games and he's going to get his arse handed to him on a plate.
        Indeed. Chatting to people over the last few days there aren't right many that are impressed either. People are quite literally dying while he's doing this, even if it is for the right reasons in the end. No one is winning here, let alone the Mancs. Get on with it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Level 3. It's official.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Level 3. It's official.
            Not until I say so and I won’t until I get £ 75 mln

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Not until I say so and I won’t until I get £ 75 mln
              You don't have a choice,

Signed D. Cummings
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FOaTw.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Andy Burnham talking about Manchester earlier today
                  It is with great sadness that I have to tell you of a few local business ventures that have been forced to close due to theTier3 measures insisted upon by Fatboy Blonde.
                  The local brassiere maker has gone bust. The submarine company has gone under and a food blender manufacturer has gone into liquidation. Further, a dog kennel maker has called in the retrievers and an origami company has folded.
                  A local strip club has gone t*ts up and Interflora is pruning staff in every branch.
                  We have just been informed that Dynorod has gone down the drain and tragically, the local ice-cream seller has been found covered in nuts chips and raspberry sauce: he topped himself.

Comment

Tories taking dīvide et imperā to a whole new level.

Remember - you voted for this.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FOLHH II

Comment

Working...
                      X