• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st day of remote schooling - already hes trying to dodge it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day of remote schooling - already hes trying to dodge it

No stupid comments please. Despite being 17 and in 6th form, son does have Aspergers.
    In terms of maturity, hes years behind though. Especially consequences, he just does not have the ability it seems to look at anything past the current time.
    He'll do something not even thinking of how this affects things.

So, sent home from school due to Covid yesterday. And, of course, in Wales his school is going to be closed after half term.

Already, day one, caught out trying to say he has no school work.

What I need is the ability to block things on wifi. TP link Archer 1900. Of course, I cant turn off wifi - he can't do his schoolwork then. (And in the past the little tulipe worked out mac cloning).
    Any suggestions?

Jeez - anyone who says its bad parenting needs to spend a week with a teenager with Aspergers....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Can you get him to join CUK, it's virtually an Asperges support group.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Transparent squid proxy with a whitelist. You can force the DHCP router to route via that, but if he is clever enough to do MAC spoofing, you're probably on to a loser unless you are prepared to spend some money.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

No stupid comments please.
        Why not?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Transparent squid proxy with a whitelist. You can force the DHCP router to route via that, but if he is clever enough to do MAC spoofing, you're probably on to a loser unless you are prepared to spend some money.
          PC would like to know if he can do that by changing the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            PC would like to know if he can do that by changing the keyboard.
            Chinese keyboard would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

What I need is the ability to block things on wifi. TP link Archer 1900. Of course, I cant turn off wifi - he can't do his schoolwork then. (And in the past the little tulipe worked out mac cloning).
              Any suggestions?

So whitelist the known mac addresses and automatically block everything else or restrict everything else to his work websites.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                Hmmm yeh....

I wondered also if there is a way to see what sort of traffic is coming from his PC. So I can see if hes gaming or doing his homework.
                Something like snoop but easier to use and less volume maybe.

An App like that would be good. As in what apps are using bandwidth on each device on the wifi network.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Hmmm yeh....

I wondered also if there is a way to see what sort of traffic is coming from his PC. So I can see if hes gaming or doing his homework.
                  Something like snoop but easier to use and less volume maybe.

An App like that would be good. As in what apps are using bandwidth on each device on the wifi network.
                  Is micro managing to that level really the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Can you get him to join CUK, it's virtually an Asparagus support group.
                    Shirley sum misteak!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X