• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st day of remote schooling - already hes trying to dodge it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Eh? nah not me.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Mods!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Mods!!!
      check if u want - its not me

assume the mods can check IP to prove this.... crack on
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Maybe they should check your cloned MAC address

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Mods!!!
          I think they are different. PSCONT was a belligerent clueless idiot. I don't believe PC has ever been belligerent.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No stupid comments please. Despite being 17 and in 6th form, son does have Aspergers.
            I blame the parent.

check if u want - its not me

assume the mods can check IP to prove this.... crack on
            Proves nothing. You could be using an VPN.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I think they are different. PSCONT was a belligerent clueless idiot. I don't believe PC has ever been belligerent.
              Two out of three isn't bad.

Burn the witch!

Comment

No stupid comments please. Despite being 17 and in 6th form, son does have Aspergers.
                In terms of maturity, hes years behind though. Especially consequences, he just does not have the ability it seems to look at anything past the current time.
                He'll do something not even thinking of how this affects things.

So, sent home from school due to Covid yesterday. And, of course, in Wales his school is going to be closed after half term.

Already, day one, caught out trying to say he has no school work.

What I need is the ability to block things on wifi. TP link Archer 1900. Of course, I cant turn off wifi - he can't do his schoolwork then. (And in the past the little tulipe worked out mac cloning).
                Any suggestions?

Jeez - anyone who says its bad parenting needs to spend a week with a teenager with Aspergers....
                There is a service you can buy Called "Freedom". It makes a local proxy on Android/IOS/Windows/Mac.

This is useful, as you can just block your sons devices, without affecting the whole router. Another benefit, the Freedom service can be timed or scheduled. So you can turn on or off on all devices at the touch of a button. The console has a "locked mode" on the dash. So once the block list is set, nobody can remove from the block list.
                Last edited by caffeine man; 20 October 2020, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                  There is a service you can buy Called "Freedom". It makes a local proxy on Android/IOS/Windows/Mac.

This is useful, as you can just block your sons devices, without affecting the whole router. Another benefit, the Freedom service can be timed or scheduled. So you can turn on or off on all devices at the touch of a button. The console has a "locked mode" on the dash. So once the block list is set, nobody can remove from the block list.
                  Don't most routers have this option built in. The BT one certainly does

And he doesn't want to block just a device. He wants to block certain Internet usage on his sons device but not his school work..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Don't most routers have this option built in. The BT one certainly does

And he doesn't want to block just a device. He wants to block certain Internet usage on his sons device but not his school work..
                    yes, the "Freedom" service would do all of the above. My router does not, but it was installed by Virgin 4 years ago. Maybe lacking in modern features.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                      yes, the "Freedom" service would do all of the above. My router does not, but it was installed by Virgin 4 years ago. Maybe lacking in modern features.
                      Not the easiest to find but its here. Might be worth the OP having a look. Blocks desktop stuff as well site intersites or general content i.e. all news sites.

Freedom - Block Websites, Apps, and the Internet
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 20 October 2020, 21:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X