• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: Royal Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM: Royal Mail

“ Royal Mail launches doorstep parcel collections in ecommerce boom

Demand for UK packages deliveries grows with surge in online shopping triggered by pandemic

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at Take a tour — Hints and tips on getting more from your subscription — FT.com | Financial Times.
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The UK’s Royal Mail is starting to collect parcels from doorsteps across the country, in what it bills as one of the biggest overhauls to the daily delivery service since the first postboxes appeared in 1852.

Customers will be able to hand over items to postmen and women on their rounds, or else leave packages in a “safe place”, from Monday to Saturday after paying a fee online.

The nationwide rollout of the service, which follows trials in areas of the west of England including Bristol, comes during a boom in internet shopping spurred by the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Many years too late. All competitors are doing this for ages and many of them cheaper

Comment

True but I don't think doorstep collections are that widely used except for Amazon returns. It's a faff finding who to use especially if you're not super internet-savvy.

Plus, tarnished as it is, there's still the Royal Mail brand which many will prefer to "parcelz4UFAST"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Other brands coming to a town near you:

1) British rail

2) British Telecom (from a stock perspective it is starting to look very tempting. Will wait until Spring).
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If British Rail ran a parcel service that would be great. My house used to be next to a railway line, they'd have to relay some track but...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Free news source for those not interested in FT's pay for news bollox:

Royal Mail launches 72p parcel pick-up service - BBC News

Already paid for that news source via TV licence.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Looks like BOOM threads are getting better response, maybe I should be posting more of positive news...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Looks like BOOM threads are getting better response, maybe I should be posting more of positive news...

seems sensible
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If British Rail ran a parcel service that would be great. My house used to be next to a railway line, they'd have to relay some track but...
                  They would just use the ticket office as a parcel depot.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

nah, just FO

Comment

Working...
                    X