• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NLyUK - who's your Daddy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm calling hoax (sorry, #fakenews)

EDIT: Although, there's a picture of Percy here: Turnip Prize winner is a play on words | Weston Mercury
    Last edited by Paralytic; 21 October 2020, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Widely circulating in Glasgow in 1967 AIR.
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Excellent prank. I suspect either the current guy doing the work created it, or someone in the last few years put it there.

Edit: DS beat me to it.
      Like i said, I saw lots of them*, so it's perfectly feasible one would end up under a floorboard or such and stay there until major works were done.

*and if they were in Glasgow, they'd be in Mankyland and Scallyland, and probably Geordieland too.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Excellent prank. I suspect either the current guy doing the work created it, or someone in the last few years put it there.

Edit: DS beat me to it.
        Must be. If he was charging 10 shillings an hour (50 pence in new money?) even in 1958, that's not much more than 10 quid in today's money.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          Must be. If he was charging 10 shillings an hour (50 pence in new money?) even in 1958, that's not much more than 10 quid in today's money.

Obviously outsourcing it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X