• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Like her

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like her

White BLM protester called black officer 'pet n****r', claims black MP | Daily Mail Online

'I want to speak about a dangerous trend in race relations that has come far too close to home in my life and it is the promotion of critical race theory - an ideology that sees my blackness as victimhood and their whiteness as oppression.
    'I want to be absolutely clear: this Government stands unequivocally against critical race theory.'
    Speaking about Black Lives Matter, she told MPs: 'Some schools have decided to openly support the anti-capitalist Black Lives Matter group - often fully aware that they have the statutory duty to be politically impartial.'Black lives do matter, of course they do, but we know that the Black Lives Matter movement - capital B, L, M - is political.
    'It is a political movement and what would be nice would be for members on the opposite side to condemn many of the actions that we see of this political movement, instead of pretending that it is a completely wholesome anti-racist organisation.
    'There is a lot of pernicious stuff that is being pushed and we stand against that.'
    sensible stuff.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

BLM in the UK is anti-capitalist movement. The US one is focused far more on inequality of treatment.

I said it at the start, but certain triggered members here tried to demonstrate that BLM in the US is just the same as in the UK. Which it isn't.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      BLM in the UK is anti-capitalist movement. The US one is focused far more on inequality of treatment.

I said it at the start, but certain triggered members here tried to demonstrate that BLM in the US is just the same as in the UK. Which it isn't.

I have no problem with equality and fairness but as she mentioned its being abused in the UK and seems also to be in the US. They lie about police abuse and canonise the guilty. Despite the facts victimhood is taught.

The triggered have denied that a convicted armed robber died from a drugs overdose and have insisted its murder.

The triggered have suggested that a woman with a history of dating drug dealers was murdered in her bed during a drug raid when the Police were fired on.

Yes there are almost certainly misjustices in the US and a few in the UK but these are not them.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think the second quoted comment is right. BLM is a political movement and needs to be separated from the very important issue of equality and challenges to the white skewed way history is represented

Comment

Interesting, I think this is actually the first time I've seen an MP use the term "critical race theory". Often in the mainstream media you'll only hear the words woke, diversity, identity politics etc. I'm hoping for it to become a more widely used term so that people actually go away and read up on the theory they're preaching. I think many would experience at least some cognitive dissonance and maybe start to question things a bit more than they seem to be at the moment.

Comment

FOG

Comment

I'm not all that clued up with BLM , but the fact that the "anti capitalist" line is in there rings alarm bells.

We've a message in the media about "anti capitalist" being a serious misdemeanour.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I was in education, we got balanced views and information and keen debates were the order of the day . (History was totalitarian regimes and the empire (Stalin, Hitler, Mao and "the commonwealth"), Ecomonics was ( Keynesian, Ricardo, Marx, Fisher etc).

In the past month its been:

1. Education must ban "extreme literature" that is anti-capitalist
              2. The Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill , which specifically advocates the same measures against criminal activity to be extended to "preventing ‘disorder’ and in the ‘interests of the economic well-being of the United Kingdom’"
              3. BLM being labelled as an anti-capitalist movement.

I WANT to be wearing a tinfoil hat, but there's a subtext here to me , that people are expecting protest and revolt, and it's going to increase as issues like Climate Change start to really rise to the fore . The preventive measure is to start conditioning people to believe that, the form of global mature capitalism we have now, is against question.

Is it ok to rape and murder to preserve "the economic well being" of your country? Can't believe i'm typing that to be honest. Even more shocked that Kier Starmer , Mr "king of justice" asked his members to abstain!
              Last edited by Scoobos; 21 October 2020, 20:54.

Comment

That's a very tenuous focus though. They seem just as busy with defunding the police and reperations for example.
                Indeed. If it was there would be a problem. The problems over there in some areas are quite different to ours so a single solution won't work.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The 3 american founders are "trained marxists" (their words not mine). How is that not anti capitalist?

Lol, now dont get me wrong there is massive inequality in the US and I don't know if I believe in institutional racism but black people definitely have it pretty bad in the US. So of course people who are genuinely protesting against racism have joined the movement and hijacked it a bit but it really always has been an anti capitalist movement right from the start.

Comment

I suggest you don't like her.

She refused to say white working class boys have achievement problems in education.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X