• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free School Meals - What price on bad PR?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://mpsagainstfreeschoolmeals.com/
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If the BBC want to spend time pushing this endlessly on their news channels I propose we cancel the licence fee and redistribute the money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        If the BBC want to spend time pushing this endlessly on their news channels I propose we cancel the licence fee and redistribute the money elsewhere.
        You mean use the telly tax for free school meals?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FFS. What a bunch of entitled pricks in this forum.

These are children we are talking about. I don't give a tulip if their parents blow the cash on weed or large TVs, but this is just a stereotype.

Let's remember that UC had to be increased as Mr & Mrs Jones could not live on what the impoverished have been expected to for years.

I am more than happy for children to be fed on my tax contributions. It is a much better use of money than Boris' moonshots, cumshots or whatever his latest plan of the week is.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You mean use the telly tax for free school meals?
            Let's do it.

I watch about 30 minutes of BBC news in the morning and if it is not Naga Mungbean advertising some tulipe Saturday night entertainment they are telling us Marcus whatever has been working on a nuclear fusion drive.

Comment

One more Simple Jack added to the ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I thought they could expense it all anyway? The MP salary at first sight is very high, at second sight you realise they have a lot of outgoings, but then you realise their expenses are pretty comprehensive.
                Render unto Caesar.

Comment

I am 100% behind free school meals in school. But that kids have a choice of meals from different suppliers. We force them to go in, the least we can do is give them a choice of good food when they are in there.

Opening schools to feed kids? Not a chance.

As for MP salary, we should up it to 250k. There is only a handful of MPs that I can honestly say have capable employment skills. Would anyone in the private sector honestly be willing to give Angela Rayner 80k? Might have to stomach it for a decade but eventually people with some capability would come in.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Good to see the Minister for Children is on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Food banks are not the answer.
                      There is no right answer, Boris’ idea seems to be get people working in better paid jobs and people will not need UC and FSM, EOTHO was a way to try and stimulate the economy to keep more people working and off benefits.

Labour and others seem to think the answer is increasing benefits to a level which is more akin to the living wage.

On the surface the tories have the best idea, it just seems in practice it’s not working
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X