Free School Meals - What price on bad PR? Free School Meals - What price on bad PR? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 131

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    The real scandal is that there are people provided with adequate resources by the state who don't feed their kids.
    There is a good reason why even USA use food stamps - in case of kids food in school is the most sensible way to tie money to desired outcome (kids not hungry).

Super poster

_V_ - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    You can STFU about tax increases then
    I all in favour of Boris taking more public money to go to a friend who sets up a company in a small shed and take £100m of it for something non existent.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove has reached the peak. Play again?

Bozo the Clown, the gift who always keeps giving, especially taxpayers money to his friends.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

fullyautomatix is NOT a disguised employee

What are parents doing with the child tax credits, child benefit and various other array of benefits designed to offer more money as soon as you have more children? Does it mean those benefits are not serving the purposes?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Fingers like lightning

Epiphone is too good to be a permie

I don't live under a rock but I haven't paid much attention to this topic to be honest. What's the argument? At the moment children can get lunch free while in school. Are people asking for the Government to pay for lunches every day including school holidays until Easter?

If so, why not just raise Universal Credit or JSA for those parents that qualify until Easter? I'm a little uneasy at the State becoming responsible for basic parenting but can understand if people are on a tight budget that funding an extra meal per child a day could take them over the edge.

Fully expecting to be slated as this is General, but really don't have it in me to read up on it as most news these days is just invective with each side screaming at the other rather than actual reporting.

Fingers like lightning

jayn200 has more data than eek

I don't really know how free school meals work here but I'd be happy to pay extra tax for something like that if I knew that 100% of the money was going to cost of goods. I don't really trust government with my money especially with recent revelations about the money spent on track and trace and some other things.

Fingers like lightning

GigiBronz has more data than eek

pardon me for asking, but aren't those people the exact same people that receive Child Benefit? Isn't that same thing the exact same thing?

I would not want free meals but food, as in most of the budget places in this country: will be rubbish.
    The responsibility of feeding well their children is with the parents, and they should be raised well not offloaded on someone else.

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Why aren’t the parents feeding their children?
    Because they're poor. Because they don't know how to. Because they can't be bothered.

Does it matter why?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Because they're poor. Because they don't know how to. Because they can't be bothered.

Does it matter why?
    It does matter why, because certain people believe that the Government throwing more money at the problem is going to fix it!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

<£1 a head so one pack of fags a week for 2 kids.

Cheap family meals: Budget recipes under GBP1 per head
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.