• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free School Meals - What price on bad PR?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    The real scandal is that there are people provided with adequate resources by the state who don't feed their kids.
    There is a good reason why even USA use food stamps - in case of kids food in school is the most sensible way to tie money to desired outcome (kids not hungry).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You can STFU about tax increases then
      I all in favour of Boris taking more public money to go to a friend who sets up a company in a small shed and take £100m of it for something non existent.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Bozo the Clown, the gift who always keeps giving, especially taxpayers money to his friends.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

What are parents doing with the child tax credits, child benefit and various other array of benefits designed to offer more money as soon as you have more children? Does it mean those benefits are not serving the purposes?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I don't live under a rock but I haven't paid much attention to this topic to be honest. What's the argument? At the moment children can get lunch free while in school. Are people asking for the Government to pay for lunches every day including school holidays until Easter?

If so, why not just raise Universal Credit or JSA for those parents that qualify until Easter? I'm a little uneasy at the State becoming responsible for basic parenting but can understand if people are on a tight budget that funding an extra meal per child a day could take them over the edge.

Fully expecting to be slated as this is General, but really don't have it in me to read up on it as most news these days is just invective with each side screaming at the other rather than actual reporting.

Comment

I don't really know how free school meals work here but I'd be happy to pay extra tax for something like that if I knew that 100% of the money was going to cost of goods. I don't really trust government with my money especially with recent revelations about the money spent on track and trace and some other things.

Comment

pardon me for asking, but aren't those people the exact same people that receive Child Benefit? Isn't that same thing the exact same thing?

I would not want free meals but food, as in most of the budget places in this country: will be rubbish.
                The responsibility of feeding well their children is with the parents, and they should be raised well not offloaded on someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Why aren’t the parents feeding their children?
                  Because they're poor. Because they don't know how to. Because they can't be bothered.

Does it matter why?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Because they're poor. Because they don't know how to. Because they can't be bothered.

Does it matter why?
                    It does matter why, because certain people believe that the Government throwing more money at the problem is going to fix it!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

<£1 a head so one pack of fags a week for 2 kids.

Cheap family meals: Budget recipes under GBP1 per head
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X