• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free School Meals - What price on bad PR?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Amazon and Google could pay a little tax now and then?

Oh no, that could never work.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Yeah because little old ladies should fund free school meals...
      So who should fund it then?

In ideal world it would be people with kids in school.

The real scandal in this is that there are lots of people in this country who can’t afford to keep their kids fed - like fking 3rd world, that’s the real scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Maybe Amazon and Google could pay a little tax now and then? Oh no, that could never work.
        So you don’t want to pay?

Comment

Maybe Amazon and Google could pay a little tax now and then?

Oh no, that could never work.
          Yes, because if we tax them, they will just leave the country, and then where will we be?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Caroline Ansell resigns as Government aide over free school meals after voting for Marcus Rashford plan | London Evening Standard

Caroline Ansell (Tory MP for Eastbourne) has resigned over it. Strangely enough the Torygraph and Wail don't consider it a worthy story yet.
            She hasn't resigned as an MP though, has she?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              So you don’t want to pay?

I would, but my money is kind of tied up at the moment, you know, I want to help, do my bit, but what can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                She hasn't resigned as an MP though, has she?
                Or from her party... that would be extremely irresponsible ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So who should fund it then?

In ideal world it would be people with kids in school.

The real scandal in this is that there are lots of people in this country who can’t afford to keep their kids fed - like fking 3rd world, that’s the real scandal.
                  The real scandal is that there are people provided with adequate resources by the state who don't feed their kids.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I would, but my money is kind of tied up at the moment, you know, I want to help, do my bit, but what can I do?
                    You can STFU about tax increases then

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Yes, because if we tax them, they will just leave the country, and then where will we be?
                      Imagine if they left, no Facebook to post nonsense, you had to use another search engine or buy stuff from some other online retailer?

End of world nightmare stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X