• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free School Meals - What price on bad PR?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    It does matter why, because certain people believe that the Government throwing more money at the problem is going to fix it!
    Money is traditionally seen as helpful for poverty. Personally I would rather see meals provided than cash, but logistics are tricky.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Money is traditionally seen as helpful for poverty. Personally I would rather see meals provided than cash, but logistics are tricky.
      Is poverty a cause or is it a symptom?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If only they had a known distribution point which is local and has all the information about eligible recepients, who already know how to reach that distribution pojnt!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Is poverty a cause or is it a symptom?
          Which answer makes it OK to not feed starving children?

Comment

None of them. Who should be feeding the starving children?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              If only they had a known distribution point which is local and has all the information about eligible recepients, who already know how to reach that distribution pojnt!
              So would you like the school bus to pick the children up, take them all to school to collect lunch, then take them back home right away?
              During lockdown staff and employees did distribution runs but in the holidays you're going to need a lot of extra employees. Maybe schools can partner with JustEat.

Comment

So would you like the school bus to pick the children up, take them all to school to collect lunch, then take them back home right away?
                During lockdown staff and employees did distribution runs but in the holidays you're going to need a lot of extra employees. Maybe schools can partner with JustEat.

Or those on Furlough could deliver them?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd like them to open their safe and pull the book named "Pandemic Playbook (With revisions from 2019 training exercise)", that's what I'd like them (and other relevant places) to do.

Schools are postcode based, so get fking street leaders ready to distribute stuff dropped off for their street, FFS - it's not moving 1 mln tons of cargo across U-boat infested waters

Comment

But poor parents have been given a lot of benefits already designed to ensure children do not suffer poverty. Why are children starving? You cannot offer all sorts of child benefits to poor parents so they can feed children and then have them asking for free meals on top of it.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      But poor parents have been given a lot of benefits already designed to ensure children do not suffer poverty. Why are children starving? You cannot offer all sorts of child benefits to poor parents so they can feed children and then have them asking for free meals on top of it.
                      Well obviously if you give money then they can be spent on something else - police is too underfunded to police that level of benefits fraud!

Guaranteeed (healhy!) food in school for kids is best way to deal with it, not cash given. For all you know parents might be spending that money on ice-cream and lollypops

Comment

Working...
                      X