• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: September sun helps English wines prosper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Where as German wines are still more akin to this.
    Nah, you're just drinking the wrong ones. If only Mich was still here to teach us.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just nobody mention Reisling

Comment

They make this down the road from me but I'm not convinced it has much more than novelty value.

Lusca Cabernet - Merlot | Wine Info

Comment

Not really a fan of whites but prefer the bone dry French or UK ones. Chapel Down is the vineyard of choice for the missus, and the fizzy is better than all but the most expensive champers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            A wine aficionado mate says there are some great ones, but I have never tried them. I think he might have said they keep the good stuff for themselves in Germany
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You probably never tried good one

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A wine aficionado mate says there are some great ones, but I have never tried them. I think he might have said they keep the good stuff for themselves in Germany
                They do. I live in the middle of 4 major wine regions and most of the good stuff stays either local or withing Germany and only a very small percentage gets out whereupon it is marked up...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So much for the 'Common marketplace'

Comment

The English are too common for these wines...
                    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    So much for the 'Common marketplace'
                    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      They do. I live in the middle of 4 major wine regions and most of the good stuff stays either local or withing Germany and only a very small percentage gets out whereupon it is marked up...
                      I've actually had good German wines in the UK a few times. Unfortunately, once it's realised they are good the price goes up a lot or they disappear....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X