• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebay and Amazon Items to Cost More

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay and Amazon Items to Cost More

Dominic Cummings has decreed that imported items under £15 sent by post will no longer be exempt of vat. Furthermore, the seller will have to prepay the UK vat online prior to the item being sent to the UK.

eg: You buy an item from the USA, China, EU or elsewhere; the seller will have to pay UK tax on line.

Moreover, small businesses in the UK will nor be able to sell items vat free to buyers outside the UK.

You get what you vote for.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

That's a good move The Chinese especially take the piss with VAT and postage taking advantage to our disadvantage

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
      That's a good move The Chinese especially take the piss with VAT and postage taking advantage to our disadvantage
      If that happed with you and you feel so strongly, why didn't you pay the VAT and pay extra postage?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        If that happed with you and you feel so strongly, why didn't you pay the VAT and pay extra postage?
        Why should I?

The vendor should follow the rules and if they don't the rules should be changed to ensure compliance which is what appears to be happening.

Comment

I agree people are buying too much crap and this should help.

But as same time it is making it less feasible for smaller companies and also reducing options for consumers -> bigger suppliers can increase prices.

Brexit, as expected by anyone with a functioning braincell is a farce. Not only that people won’t be given what was promised but they would lose rights and have more disadvantageous terms. Less liberties and rights.

They have been properly played. And this is only the begining...

Comment

Some people don't know the company will scam VAT until they get the item.

The company who sold me my phone scammed VAT. As it was a business purchase I kicked off and eventually they gave me the VAT money to give to HMRC.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It’s even affected James T. Kirk

https://twitter.com/williamshatner/s...198141441?s=21
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Moreover, small businesses in the UK will nor be able to sell items vat free to buyers outside the UK.
                Errr, really? maybe only for items going to EU

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Gosh.

Zeity will be pleased.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

20% extra on your Kirk syrup!
                    Last edited by vetran; 24 October 2020, 22:09.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X