Octopus Real Estate Octopus Real Estate
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,949

    Default Octopus Real Estate

    Lovely tale of how some divers helped a baby veined octopus move out of its plastic cup home into a much better shell. Cute video at the end of the article.

    Diver Convinces Baby Octopus To Give Up His Plastic Cup In Exchange For A Shell | Bored Panda

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,193

    Default

    “I try as hard as I can to make people see the ocean when it looks its best. Once I saw a family of anemone fish living next to a corroded battery. That was heartbreaking,” sighed Sigurdsson.


    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    “I try as hard as I can to make people see the ocean when it looks its best. Once I saw a family of anemone fish living next to a corroded battery. That was heartbreaking,” sighed Sigurdsson.

    +1

    Was it Li-Ion or NiCad?

    Very sad story either way.

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Lovely tale of how some divers helped a baby veined octopus move out of its plastic cup home into a much better shell. Cute video at the end of the article.

    Diver Convinces Baby Octopus To Give Up His Plastic Cup In Exchange For A Shell | Bored Panda
    If you want to adopt an octopus and give it a new shell you can donate £50 a month to Paddys Octopus Charity PO Box 999 Nicocia Cyprus. We are in desperate need of a new octopus pool at our head office villa in Limassol.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  5. #5

    Banned

    BR14 is always on top


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    11,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    If you want to adopt an octopus and give it a new shell you can donate £50 a month to Paddys Octopus Charity PO Box 999 Nicocia Cyprus. We are in desperate need of a new octopus pool at our head office villa in Limassol.

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    If you want to adopt an octopus and give it a new shell you can donate £50 a month to Paddys Octopus Charity PO Box 999 Nicocia Cyprus. We are in desperate need of a new octopus pool at our head office villa in Limassol.
    Where do you get the shells from? Are they certified vegan?

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Where do you get the shells from? Are they certified vegan?
    Only natural vegan shells from the Caribbean personally selected and flown back to Europe one at the time.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  8. #8

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Only natural vegan shells from the Caribbean personally selected and flown back to Europe one at the time.
    Excellent! I'll have a dozen!

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    If you want to adopt an octopus and give it a new shell you can donate £50 a month to Paddys Octopus Charity PO Box 999 Nicocia Cyprus. We are in desperate need of a new octopus pool at our head office villa in Limassol.
    Which happens to be next door to an excellent seafood restaurant with octopus on the lunch menu daily...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Which happens to be next door to an excellent seafood restaurant with octopus on the lunch menu daily...
    Ate so much octopus in Portugal. Got fed up of it eventually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •