• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to steal an oil tanker....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I don't think part of their wishing to be in the UK was being detained under her majesty's pleasure. I suppose it's a case of being careful of what you wish for....
    Crew were just threatened, no actual assaults, so if happened on a high street, they would just get a talking to, they were just innocent scared stowaways where crew had threatened to throw them overboard (will be the defence)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I was watching this yesterday evening on ship radar 24.

There were 2 RNLI boats nearby I was assuming the SBS could have disguised themselves as RNLI, however helicopters, dressed in all black, flash grenades and armed with machine guns would send a better message!

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 26 October 2020, 15:26.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        And the stowaways got what they wanted, am I missing something here ?
        To get in to the UK with no fear or repercussion and a nice house + benefits.. yeah probably.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Crew were just threatened, no actual assaults, so if happened on a high street, they would just get a talking to, they were just innocent scared stowaways where crew had threatened to throw them overboard (will be the defence)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          The charges will probably be some variation of international piracy, so they'll be hanged at Wapping. Wishful thinking, obviously, but they should be looking at 20 years followed by deportation.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            The charges will probably be some variation of international piracy, so they'll be hanged at Wapping. Wishful thinking, obviously, but they should be looking at 20 years followed by deportation.
            They might prefer 20 years followed by hanging

Comment

Yeah, right.

BBC - Tenth anniversary of hijacked Afghan plane at Stansted.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not if they manage to impregnate a woman or two, then they will be arguing they have a right to Family Life.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not if they manage to impregnate a woman or two, then they will be arguing they have a right to Family Life.
                  In England 20 years after Brexit? Unlikely

Comment

No need to scatter your seed amongst the infidels, just get a cat
                    The case of the cat deportation tale - BBC News

Comment

No good grounds for anyone from Nigeria to claim asylum. There are problems with Islamists groups etc but there are safe places and it is a reasonably democratic nation. Certainly no-one engaging in major criminal activities should be accepted.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X