“ I owe £180,000 in tax and I haven’t told my wife” “ I owe £180,000 in tax and I haven’t told my wife” - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 41 to 50 of 108

Godlike

MaryPoppins is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    But almost all trades people offer the option. In the past few years I have had guys quoting for Driveway, windows, doors, plastering, kitchen etc all give me the option. I have always opted for VAT included bank transfer instead. They have been fine with that, but surely if they offer it, plenty will take it.
    What a load of balls.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What a load of balls.
    He’s got a _V_itness who can confirm it...

Still gathering requirements...

rik sherman is good enough for Jehovah!

I had a plumber in last week and he offered me the vat discount for cash. I paid via bank especially as I had already noticed that he had already written down the amount he was going to charge me on the invoice, all he changed was added "inc VAT" just after the number. So I wasn't going to get a discount he was going to pocket it all.

Super poster

quackhandle - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    People forget that only ultra rich people and large companies can do tax evasions. Small fries like us don't stand a chance and shouldn't try these shenanigans.
    And major donators to the Tory party.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Contractor Among Contractors

Scoobos has more data than eek

It's been said a million times, but not in this thread.

It's the retrospective application of it, that doesn't rest well with many. Introduce a law or close a loophole and then retrospectively charge people 10 years back, for doing something that may well be immoral, but isn't illegal.

I'd much rather HMRC get money off Amazon , It boggles my mind how they get away with paying 0.000 whatever % sales tax , all the while the DWP and HMRC , as AWS's biggest UK customers, chuck money back at them for AWS and professional services.

Contractor Among Contractors

Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobos View Post

It's the retrospective application of it, that doesn't rest well with many. Introduce a law or close a loophole and then retrospectively charge people 10 years back, for doing something that may well be immoral, but isn't illegal.
    It doesn't have to be illegal for tax to be due on it. As said above, it was patently clear from 2010 onwards that using these schemes was a high-risk choice. And it was a choice (notwithstanding a few reports where some low-paid workers were apparently told "you have to use this Umbrella if you want this job").

I'd much rather HMRC get money off Amazon , It boggles my mind how they get away with paying 0.000 whatever % sales tax , all the while the DWP and HMRC , as AWS's biggest UK customers, chuck money back at them for AWS and professional services.
    Whataboutery. I'd much rather they go after all tax evasion/aggressive avoidance.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 26th October 2020 at 12:11.

bored now

eek is always on top

Bollocks - that argument washed until probably 2010 but after that as DealOrNoDeal correctly points out the law was very clear....

As for Amazon when you see how much they invest in new projects it's fairly obvious that they don't actually make profits as a whole (as the profits create their next business).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

AtW is always on top

But this retrospection is legal, maybe immoral (not really) but definitely legal - so what’s your problem again?

Every time they change CGT it has retrospective effect, mostly negative (as in higher tax due)

Super poster

Gibbon is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What a load of balls.
    You called Ma Lady?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

SueEllen is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by rik sherman View Post
    I had a plumber in last week and he offered me the vat discount for cash. I paid via bank especially as I had already noticed that he had already written down the amount he was going to charge me on the invoice, all he changed was added "inc VAT" just after the number. So I wasn't going to get a discount he was going to pocket it all.
    Whose sockie are you?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR