• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New morality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Are there any Catholics in Labour strongholds, like Liverpool and Scotland?
    Was that a rhetorical question? There are shedloads in Scotland, anyway.
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      What, pray, is the difference between "being dictated to by the Government" and "being subject to the laws of the land"? Would it by chance be in the eye of the beholder?
      I think the point is that it isn't the law of the land, but the government want to make it so.

It's the old conundrum about democracy, isn't it - in extremis, 51% can vote to have the other 49% put to death.

Comment

I fail to see how the Catholic church can get all moralistic about this, when it has a problem with it's own Priests buggering children. At least the gays don't want them for sex games.
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
          I fail to see how the Catholic church can get all moralistic about this, when it has a problem with it's own Priests buggering children. At least the gays don't want them for sex games.
          That might make a fun thread, but it is no more relevant to this argument than paedophile teachers being representative of the whole education establishment.

Comment

This doesn't just effect Catholic adoption agencys

There was a debate on radio 4 a couple of months ago as all businesses are required to give equal rights to Gay couples. Not a problem for big companies but some small family run bed and breakfasts weren't too happy that they were effectively being forced into condoning something that they personally don't agree with.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think the government and the laws of this land should outweight ANY religious institution.

Law comes first, religion comes second (preferably a a hobby based passtime).
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've changed my mind slightly.

After watching the Omen last night, I now dont think the Catholic Church should be allowed to be involved in ANY adoption.

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
                  Was that a rhetorical question? There are shedloads in Scotland, anyway.
                  Rhetorical, yes. They are Labour strongholds, and Catholic strongholds too.

Comment

Interesting that no one including you lot have looked at this from the point of view of the children. If the choice is between being in or out of care/foster homes and having a stable upbringing with a pair of pooftas then what? It is all very well AtW thinking that you can just chuck money at the problem (obviously has no children of his own) but there is a little bit more to adoption than one may think.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X