• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New morality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New morality

Catholic adoption agencies likely to close

This debate has been on and off the news for a while now and, I have to say, I totally disagree with Bliar (not unusual admittedly). The Catholic church should not be dictated to by the Government. Over to the panel

It means Catholic adoption agencies would be forced to consider gay people as prospective parents - currently they are referred to other agencies
    I am such a naturally conciliatory b@stard that I have unearthed a compromise. Catholic Adoption Agencies should "consider" gay couples, then tell them "on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful, good luck with your search elsewhere you freakshows!"
    Sorted!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
      The Catholic church should not be dictated to by the Government.
      It is much worse when the Catholic church, or any church for that matter dictates the Govt to do things that fit their own views: this may have been acceptable in the dark ages, but this is 21st century: to shut these people up the Govt should have put money to ensure that every child either gets adopted into good family or gets lots of support from Govt to ensure they make it on their own.

Comment

This debate has been on and off the news for a while now and, I have to say, I totally disagree with Bliar (not unusual admittedly). The Catholic church should not be dictated to by the Government. Over to the panel
        Maybe the RC Church will stop telling its followers to vote Labour, this could be interesting...
        Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

What, pray, is the difference between "being dictated to by the Government" and "being subject to the laws of the land"? Would it by chance be in the eye of the beholder?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
            Maybe the RC Church will stop telling its followers to vote Labour, this could be interesting...
            Are there any Catholics in Labour strongholds, like Liverpool and Scotland?

Comment

Its not as if the catholic church has a monopoly on adoption agencies, gay couples should (and do) have the option to go to any agency.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Homosexual adoption was controversial, some transition period would have been sensible so church based adoption agencies could be absorbed into state ones.

The RC church are hardly my favourite religous nutters but they do have a right to their opinion, or do we only respect people that stone the faithful?

Good point SC!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think (not sure) prospective couples have to married in a catholic church as one of the prerequisits.

I don't think the gays can do that yet - I'll ask the Pope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface
                    I think (not sure) prospective couples have to married in a catholic church as one of the prerequisits.

I don't think the gays can do that yet - I'll ask the Pope.
                    He's out to a sauerkraut lunch at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X