• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Tier 4 coming...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom: Tier 4 coming...

to a Liverpool city near you....

Liverpool mayor would back Covid tier 4 in England - BBC News

Liverpool's city mayor has said he would support more robust Covid-19 restrictions if it meant halting the spread of the virus.

Joe Anderson, whose brother Bill was one of 61 people to die with the virus in the city in one week, said he would "back tougher measures if necessary".

He wants to monitor the impact of tier three over the next two weeks before considering a possible tier four.

He told BBC Breakfast his brother died of a virus that "takes no prisoners".

The Labour mayor said the virus has had "an enormous impact" on families and businesses in Liverpool.

"It has taken untold damage on people's wellbeing and a huge toll on families where people have died. If anything was required to bring it down faster I would do that," Mr Anderson said.

"However, I want to make sure that we are giving tier three a chance to see if the measures have an impact."

He said he would review the results in 14 to 16 days' time.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 27 October 2020, 12:42.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Is Tier 4 the one where they'll reduce the quarantine period to 1 day because no-one honoured it for 14 (and maybe 7) days?

Comment

This was a dead cert. Tier 3 is useless. Why people are still surprised by this is totally beyond me. Expect a full and complete lockdown like at the beginning and you won't be surprised or disappointed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What? Like the one where you can't buy a new kettle coz Drongo in Cardiff says so?

Bundle of larfs.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          This was a dead cert. Tier 3 is useless. Why people are still surprised by this is totally beyond me. Expect a full and complete lockdown like at the beginning and you won't be surprised or disappointed.
          These are the Level 5 restrictions currently in place across Ireland.

gov.ie - Ireland is at Level 5

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            These are the Level 5 restrictions currently in place across Ireland.

gov.ie - Ireland is at Level 5
            You mean Scotland followed Ireland but because we have feckwit for a PM we will follow Wales?

I best stock up on sanpro and a kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You mean Scotland followed Ireland but because we have feckwit for a PM we will follow Wales?

I best stock up on sanpro and a kettle.
              I haven’t been following the various UK restrictions closely. But the Welsh restrictions around non essential retail appear similar to the Irish restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I haven’t been following the various UK restrictions closely. But the Welsh restrictions around non essential retail appear similar to the Irish restrictions.
                So Irish supermarkets have kettles, newborn clothing and sanpro removed from sale?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  So Irish supermarkets have kettles, newborn clothing and sanpro removed from sale?
                  They had non-essential items removed in the first lockdown, but thqat didn't include baby clothes and sanitary protection - not sure about kettle. Not sure what they're doing now. It looks as if some aren't but should, and that's causing some justifiable complaints from small retailers.

I was reading the new Irish legislation today - we have to stay at home without a reasonable excuse (which includes exercising within 5km and essential shopping).

Comment

At Tier 4 all forum postings will be banned ...

But it will still be ok to have “business lunch” with up to 60 people

Comment

Working...
                    X