• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

But where are the deaths???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Deaths dropped markedly after they stopped counting people dieing 28 days after test...
    I saw some Covid documentary where some guy in his sixties had been in hospital 3 months after testing positive - he lived - however in the next room another guy who had been in slightly shorter died.

So excess deaths is the best measure as it shows how crap the health service is.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I saw some Covid documentary where some guy in his sixties had been in hospital 3 months after testing positive - he lived - however in the next room another guy who had been in slightly shorter died.

So excess deaths is the best measure as it shows how crap the health service is.

It shows how badly run the health service is, now how crap it is. The patient-facing staff, the ones who are doing the caring, are generally brilliant. The management/civil servants/hedge fund managers/politicians who are all trying to take their cut - that's where the problem lies.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Deaths dropped markedly after they stopped counting people dieing 28 days after test...

Comment

Excess deaths show that even with treatment, a non-trivial percentage of people with Covid die as a result of catching it, whether directly or indirectly. Even now, when we have a much better infrastructure and some treatments, some people die no matter what you do.

Trying to work out how many died who could've theoretically lived would be interesting but extremely difficult. We might compare CV deaths as a % of CV admissions between nations/different hospitals perhaps.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            It shows how badly run the health service is, now how crap it is. The patient-facing staff, the ones who are doing the caring, are generally brilliant. The management/civil servants/hedge fund managers/politicians who are all trying to take their cut - that's where the problem lies.
            This, exactly this. Successive governments have for years paid more attention to the administrative side rather than the health side and this has only got worse with the recent run on Tories who are trying their damn best to privatise it as much as possible.

A good example of that is the current farce of which Dido Harding is presiding, the test and trace system run by private corporations (really shouldn't be called NHS Test and Trace) but then again it is not surprising, not only is her husband John Penrose, a Tory MP who is apparently the UK Anti-Corruption Champion but also a member of the 1828 group. This is a group which argues for the abolition and privatisation of the NHS but also for PHE (Public Health England.) Well PHE is being abolished and replaced by the National Institute for Health Protection and will be headed by none other than Dido Harding (albeit not privatised but on it's way to being)

1828 - Championing Freedom

Hands off my NHS: Who is Dido Harding and what is 1828? | Candid Orange

Baroness Dido Harding: who is the new chief of the institute replacing Public Health England - and what will the national health body do? | Yorkshire Evening Post
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Excess deaths show that even with treatment, a non-trivial percentage of people with Covid die as a result of catching it, whether directly or indirectly. Even now, when we have a much better infrastructure and some treatments, some people die no matter what you do.

Trying to work out how many died who could've theoretically lived would be interesting but extremely difficult. We might compare CV deaths as a % of CV admissions between nations/different hospitals perhaps.
              You can do that here:
              https://ibz-shiny.ethz.ch/covid-19-r...eWwj0H5gy3QzwE

Choose the UK, and you can see either hospitalised patients or death, then compare with another country (default compare with Switzerland). I'd get some numbers but I've a meeting to go to.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                You can do that here:
                https://ibz-shiny.ethz.ch/covid-19-r...eWwj0H5gy3QzwE

Choose the UK, and you can see either hospitalised patients or death, then compare with another country (default compare with Switzerland). I'd get some numbers but I've a meeting to go to.
                Cojak nicked all the choccy biccies again? Good luck with that.

Comment

Worse. Accenture nicked them.

Anyway, I had a look. Aligning the curves of hospitalisations with that of deaths, it seems there is improvement in the UK.
                  1 in 3 in the first wave, and 1 in 5 in the second wave.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Worse. Accenture nicked them.
                    If it's any help, any time I visit Accenture offices, I openly load up my lappy rucksack with biccies. KPMG have better biccies and I usually pick up a few pens as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      How crap you view the NHS is, is linked to how you and your family have been treated particularly by the gatekeepers in primary care. And that's before you add on all those who are trying to make a quick buck out of it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X