But where are the deaths??? But where are the deaths???
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56,884

    Default But where are the deaths???

    Asked Mor Ons in the last couple of months trying to justify growing infection rates, well here are the deaths:

    “ UK daily Covid deaths rise to 367 - highest figure since late May

    A further 22,885 cases also reported in last 24 hours, taking total past 900,000”

    UK daily Covid deaths rise to 367 - highest figure since late May | Coronavirus | The Guardian

    Won’t take long to go back to over 1000

  2. #2

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,759

    Default

    For the last 7 days the figures are:
    191
    189
    224
    174
    151
    102
    367

    The moving 7 day average is currently 200 - increase of 65 from the previous week. For the past few weeks it's been
    135 (increase 53)
    82 (increase 31)
    53 (increase 18)

    Definitely on the rise!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,229

    Default

    It isn't the deaths they should be concerned about it's the implications of Covid on being able to get NHS and dental treatment at the moment. In some cases people can't get GP appointments at all, A&E depts are asking people to book in because some GPs aren't doing their jobs and lots of routine operations are/being cancelled so people are having to go private.

    Then the implications of Long Covid on themselves, their taxes and not being able to get timely NHS treatment in the future.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For the last 7 days the figures are:
    191
    189
    224
    174
    151
    102
    367

    The moving 7 day average is currently 200 - increase of 65 from the previous week. For the past few weeks it's been
    135 (increase 53)
    82 (increase 31)
    53 (increase 18)

    Definitely on the rise!

    Fake news!
    Most of those who have died during the pandemic would have died anyway in the next 100 years.

    (Isn't that the normal response from the flat earths?)
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,759

    Default

    30000 excess deaths this year so far. Not all of them by a long chalk due to Covid-19.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  6. #6

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    30000 excess deaths this year so far. Not all of them by a long chalk due to Covid-19.
    over 60,000 in the UK.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  7. #7

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    over 60,000 in the UK.
    I thought it was 30000. (Source, MD in Private Eye).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  8. #8

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I thought it was 30000. (Source, MD in Private Eye).
    This is just for England & Wales:

    Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales, provisional - Office for National Statistics

    Looking at the year-to-date (using the most up-to-date data we have available), the number of deaths up to 16 October 2020 was 484,206, which is 55,092 more than the five-year average.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    It isn't the deaths they should be concerned about it's the implications of Covid on being able to get NHS and dental treatment at the moment. In some cases people can't get GP appointments at all, A&E depts are asking people to book in because some GPs aren't doing their jobs and lots of routine operations are/being cancelled so people are having to go private.

    Then the implications of Long Covid on themselves, their taxes and not being able to get timely NHS treatment in the future.
    The health services are going to be overwhelmed with all the normal lurgy being treated as potential covid and all the kid gloves as if it's 100% fatal.

    My brother has a cough and his boss said not to go back to work until he'd had a covid test, despite it not appearing to be a dry cough and him having no other covid symptoms, so highly likely just a routine chest infection/cold. So he's just been for a test, though there seemed to be lots of spare slots at the nearest centre, he got in within 30 mins of starting the booking. He did try to talk to someone in the NHS about the symptoms to make sure he needed a test but they were no use, basically saying to do it online.

    Oh well, keeps some people busy if they have nothing better to do.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,229

    Default

    But don't worry covid doesn't exist...

    Let's get back to normal.

    Bill Gates....Obama...The lizards...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •