• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Are you antisocial?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom: Are you antisocial?

Then you are unlikely to wear a mask.

Not wearing a mask is linked to antisocial traits, study finds | The Independent

Scientists in Brazil have linked resistance to Covid-19 safety measures, such as wearing a mask, with antisocial personality traits.

Their study was the first of its kind in Latin America and surveyed over 1,500 people aged 18-73.

Using a questionnaire, the scientists sought to identify the participants’ affective resonance - their impulse to act on feelings stirred by another person - and asked a series of personality questions about how well certain statements represented their behaviour on a scale.

The survey also asked about compliance with Covid-19 containment measures over time, such as mask wearing.

When profiles were analysed, two were identified: an antisocial pattern profile who were resistant to Covid-19 safety measures and an empathy pattern profile who were compliant.

The antisocial profile was linked to higher scores in the personality questions related to “callousness, deceitfulness, hostility, impulsivity, irresponsibility, manipulativeness, and risk-taking”, antisocial traits which, the study notes, “are typically present in people diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD)". This group also had lower scores in affective resonance.

The empathy pattern profile showed higher scores in affective resonance and lower scores in the traits associated with ASPD.

The team who conducted the study said they hoped the findings would help to persuade health officials to do more to educate people and influence their policies.

"Through screenings that demonstrate an elevation in these [ASPD] traits, interventions can be carried out aiming at greater awareness and consequent compliance with containment measures”, the team explained.

While worldwide protests have taken place surrounding mask wearing, their effectiveness continues to be proven in a growing number of studies.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I'm antisocial, ask my friends.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      You have friends?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm not Brazilian, if that helps...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You have friends?

You genuinely are clueless, aren't you?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You genuinely are clueless, aren't you?
            You do realise you can be anti-social and have friends (who are likely to be anti-social too). I get you was trying to play on words, but I was playing it straight and pointing out that you're a dull twunt and unlikely to have any friends.

HTH
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Antisocial, Antisemitic and antipersiprant. Yep makes sense.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Antisocial, Antisemitic and antipersiprant. Yep makes sense.
                That's a made up word, you fat bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I was playing it straight and pointing out that you're a dull twunt and unlikely to have any friends.
                  If that theory flies we can all presume that YOU have few if any friends, and even those you DO possess have long been in favour of you wearing a mask, dating back to well before the outbreak of COVID-19.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That's a made up word, you fat bastard!
                    No it's not! You have deoderants (masks smells) and antiperspirants (reduces sweating). Most products you'll find in the personal care aisle are a combination of the two.

It's just misspelled, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                    X