• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get away with murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get away with murder

Claire Parry death: PC Timothy Brehmer jailed for manslaughter - BBC News

1) Be a police officer.
    2) Strangle a lover to death.
    3) Claim that it was all an accident.
    4) Profit.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Claire Parry death: PC Timothy Brehmer jailed for manslaughter - BBC News

1) Be a police officer.
    2) Strangle a lover to death.
    3) Claim that it was all an accident.
    4) Profit.
    Murder requires proof of intent beyond all reasonable doubt. Sadly, no such proof could be provided in this case.

Despicable, yes, but not murder in the eyes of the law.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

You can see why he would be a tad angry with lover texting his wife to destroy his life because she was caught by her husband then found out surprise surprise he had other women on the go

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        Murder requires proof of intent beyond all reasonable doubt. Sadly, no such proof could be provided in this case.

Despicable, yes, but not murder in the eyes of the law.
        Not quite, murder requires intent to murder or intent to cause serious injury.

In this case his intent was to cause serious injury and caused death. I hope the CPS appeals.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          You can see why he would be a tad angry with lover texting his wife to destroy his life because she was caught by her husband then found out surprise surprise he had other women on the go

Yet many people manage such anger without killing anyone. It's rather than in the same squalid bucket as Gay panic defense - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Yet many people manage such anger without killing anyone. It's rather than in the same squalid bucket as Gay panic defense - Wikipedia
            60% of us will have affairs during a relationship (note if it’s not you it’s probably your partner) and you are deeply in love with your current partner, have a nice job, children etc where your lover is Mostly just harmless fun and extra naughtiness (long time deed etc)

Then your lover turns bunny boiler and try’s to destroy your life, many would flip

Comment

60% of us will have affairs during a relationship (note if it’s not you it’s probably your partner) and you are deeply in love with your current partner, have a nice job, children etc where your lover is Mostly just harmless fun and extra naughtiness (long time deed etc)

Then your lover turns bunny boiler and try’s to destroy your life, many would flip

And your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                And your point?
                To make it safe environment for all the ratio should be brought up to 100%

Safety in numbers

Comment

Long term affairs require lies and deceit, and the high chance it will destroy your life. Truth will out at some point. Better to stick at flirting and knowing you could have but not carry the deed out. Even better if you 'deeply love current' then work at it, much more satisfying in the end.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Not quite, murder requires intent to murder or intent to cause serious injury.

In this case his intent was to cause serious injury and caused death. I hope the CPS appeals.
                    According to the secret barrister on Twitter (worth a follow if you don't), this guy wasn't aquitted for lack of intent (which was satisfactorily proven), but on the grounds of "loss of control".

Comment

Working...
                    X