• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get away with murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post
    According to the secret barrister on Twitter (worth a follow if you don't), this guy wasn't aquitted for lack of intent (which was satisfactorily proven), but on the grounds of "loss of control".
    And as sad as this whole carry on is if you take away the emotions of it the latter is a reasonable factual description. Just have to hope that although that description does appear to trivialise it, the sentence does reflect the seriousness of that loss of control.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

10 years seems low, especially if he serves half the time

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        10 years seems low, especially if he serves half the time
        Policeman in prison.. Won't be a comfortable term however long.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Long term affairs require lies and deceit, and the high chance it will destroy your life. Truth will out at some point. Better to stick at flirting and knowing you could have but not carry the deed out. Even better if you 'deeply love current' then work at it, much more satisfying in the end.
          That sounds great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Yes, and for strangling a woman.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              She's dead. That is final. She is never coming back.

10 years is disgusting. Even if it's an uncomfortable time, it's time he gets that she doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                That sounds great fun

With the right person it is, in fact glorious! But if your a shallow, after the next adrenalin rush, tw*t, get what you deserve really.

Perhaps you were such a Mo ron that you didn't get laid much when younger.

Trust me, when your world caves in, the work you have put in to your relationship pays dividends beyond riches.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

How to get away with murder

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  With the right person it is, in fact glorious! But if your a shallow, after the next adrenalin rush, tw*t, get what you deserve really.

Perhaps you were such a Mo ron that you didn't get laid much when younger.

Trust me, when your world caves in, the work you have put in to your relationship pays dividends beyond riches.
                  I take it your wife is the one having the affair then as you sit in your shed fixing a wireless [emoji4]

Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 28 October 2020, 20:14.

Comment

60% of us will have affairs during a relationship (note if it’s not you it’s probably your partner) and you are deeply in love with your current partner, have a nice job, children etc where your lover is Mostly just harmless fun and extra naughtiness (long time deed etc)

Then your lover turns bunny boiler and try’s to destroy your life, many would flip
                    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    And your point?
                    It sounds like GoT has had his heart broken in the past by an unfaithful man or woman he was in love with.

Comment

I take it your wife is the one having the affair then as you sit in your shed fixing a wireless
                      Nothing wrong with that.

<DrS in "Uncle Mort" mode>

For the uninitiated:

I Didn&#39;t Know You Cared - Uncle Mort&#39;s Ideal Woman - YouTube
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X