• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: RR down 61% for the day.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Anyone knows what that is about?
    News seem to be whoosh whoosh
    Don't feel bad about not understanding what a Rights Issue is, and why/how it impacts the share price as our resident investment expert, Scooty, had no idea either.

Maybe Scooty needs to call his Mentor and ask for a refund
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The price isn't really down, they've simply issued new shares. This particular rights issue is a mixture between a stock split and a rights issue. The loss on existing shares is simply negated by the gain on the new issued shares to existing shareholders, those that don't subscribe receive cash equivalent to the loss they incur on their holding.

Shares are actually doing reasonably well.
      Makes sense now... pardon me if I am not getting this right.
      But based on the price at 27 Oct: 219p and 1.94 bil outstanding shares -> 4.248 bil market cap
      They've increased the number of shares by 6.4 bil so now there will be 8.34 bil shares. (hopefully I have found the right figures).

Based on the new number of shares(8.34 bil) and the old valuation(4.248bil) the share price should be 50.94p
      Based on the new number of shares(8.34 bil) and the valuation at 30th of Sept (based on which the issues de 32p shares) -> price is 130.6 with 1.94bil shares => 2.53 bil market cap. Which should be 30.37p per share with new 8.34 bil shares.

Assuming you owned £10k in shares. That would have been about 7657 shares at 30 sept. 130.6p each. You are now given the option to buy 10 shares for each 3 that you have at 32p. => you can buy 25520 shares at 32p totalling £8166.5. Now you have 33177 shares at a total cost to you of 54.75p.

To conclude, to be able to keep the same percentage of company holding and dividends you have to stump up 81.66% of what you currently hold. The average cost to you will be 54.75p while if we assume the 30th of Sept £2.53bil market cap and the new 8.34 bil shares that would be a 30.37p share price.
      There is the influx of capital that they could use to theoretically pay debts, make investments but at same time pay bonuses and running expenses.
      Now it is a 85p but what makes people think it will not reverse to 30-40p in a few months or even 30 as the 30 of sept market cap calculation shows?

Do people trust that much that the company will be using the money how it should and not burning through it?

I only see insecurity to borrow from financial markets and investors being screwd...
      Last edited by GigiBronz; 28 October 2020, 21:32.

Comment

Did they do another share split?!

Down 20%+ in the last 48 hours?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Did they do another share split?!

Down 20%+ in the last 48 hours?
          Put down your copy of the "Naked Trader" and learn how to do some proper research.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Makes sense now... pardon me if I am not getting this right.
            But based on the price at 27 Oct: 219p and 1.94 bil outstanding shares -> 4.248 bil market cap
            They've increased the number of shares by 6.4 bil so now there will be 8.34 bil shares. (hopefully I have found the right figures).

Based on the new number of shares(8.34 bil) and the old valuation(4.248bil) the share price should be 50.94p
            Based on the new number of shares(8.34 bil) and the valuation at 30th of Sept (based on which the issues de 32p shares) -> price is 130.6 with 1.94bil shares => 2.53 bil market cap. Which should be 30.37p per share with new 8.34 bil shares.

Assuming you owned £10k in shares. That would have been about 7657 shares at 30 sept. 130.6p each. You are now given the option to buy 10 shares for each 3 that you have at 32p. => you can buy 25520 shares at 32p totalling £8166.5. Now you have 33177 shares at a total cost to you of 54.75p.

To conclude, to be able to keep the same percentage of company holding and dividends you have to stump up 81.66% of what you currently hold. The average cost to you will be 54.75p while if we assume the 30th of Sept £2.53bil market cap and the new 8.34 bil shares that would be a 30.37p share price.
            There is the influx of capital that they could use to theoretically pay debts, make investments but at same time pay bonuses and running expenses.
            Now it is a 85p but what makes people think it will not reverse to 30-40p in a few months or even 30 as the 30 of sept market cap calculation shows?

Do people trust that much that the company will be using the money how it should and not burning through it?

I only see insecurity to borrow from financial markets and investors being screwd...
            You don't have to stump up anything your broker will simply sell the rights you don't take up on the market and you get cash back. You can also buy enough shares so that the cash back is equal to what you pay out, keeping your shareholding the same.

Generally on the day of a rights issue there will be no movement in share price, that will have happened when the rights issue was announced.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X