• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That slippery slope...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And excellent article, but I think that public push-back on Government powers has already ready begun, and there will be a massive 'Feck You' when Johnson tries to ban Christmas dinner.

I'm with Danny Dyer on this one.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      And excellent article, but I think that public push-back on Government powers has already ready begun, and there will be a massive 'Feck You' when Johnson tries to ban Christmas dinner.

Is he coming to you, or are you going round his gaff for a bit of turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Is he coming to you, or are you going round his gaff for a bit of turkey?
        Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

And an inevitable spike afterwards which won't kill most people so they will think they were right to do it.

If people would use some common sense he wouldn't have to ban it. Poor bloke is absolutely f***ed whatever he does.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Is that a euphemism?
            A what?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              A what?
              You know, a thingy instead of a wotsit

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                You know, a thingy instead of a wotsit
                Tricky things, sesquipedalianisms...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Why does everyone assume that Daily Fail readers are thick as pig crap and can't read big words? I read the daily mail I'll have you know.

Its just shorthand for people who want to accuse innocent mail readers of supporting tragedies in a sad and pathetic attempt to feel superior to someone.

Daily Mail readership, circulation, rate card and facts

reach all - 34,231,000

half the population reads it.

the slaver a few less

The Guardian readership, circulation, rate card and facts

The Times readership, circulation, rate card and facts
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Proroguing parliament did not lift as much as an eyelid, overthrowing the highest court in the land, lie to the queen - let's cut to the chase, the UK has turned into a fascist state. Quite an achievement when you consider the UK reminds itself almost on a daily basis it defeated Nazi Germany.

What's that saying, fascism does not come rolling down the street in tanks with a following army.. no no, it sneaks in the back door when no one is looking.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Do you ever notice how quickly and suddenly freedom of expression is restricted? Even the mods on this site are prone to it, I'm sure without realising but then becomes normilised.

Do you see who is running for London Major? Can't even bring to mention his name. He argues for free speech and then deletes a bunch of his Youtube videos the moment they go against him.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X