• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom : MacDonald

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom : MacDonald

Puts her foot in it...

"Workers quit Happy Maki Brighton over trans comments"

Originally posted by The Argus
    WORKERS at a vegan restaurant have quit en masse after its owner claimed trans people were being influenced by spirits.

Happy Maki owner Anna MacDonald made the claim after she was asked to provide financial help with a surgery for a trans person, who worked nearby.

At least seven workers at the vegan sushi bar in Pool Valley, Brighton, half the workforce, resigned in protest after the response was made public.

In the email to the trans person, Ms MacDonald said: “I have a lot of compassion for anyone who finds themselves feeling not right in their own skin/bodies.

“From the research I have done, I believe that gender dysphoria is due to spirits and spirit over-cloaking.

“I didn’t believe in spirits until recently so I get that it’s probably a bit out there, but I have been shocked and a bit scared about what I have read and how easy it is for them to control and manipulate people’s thoughts and feelings.”
    A Witch hunt?

From the comments...

Originally posted by The Argus, Comments
    FFS really, we are going mad ? I can see tomorrow's headline "Plant eating transgender vegan liberals-having a beef" !

Animals may have feelings, but they also have flavours.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 29 October 2020, 09:34.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

To be fair, it's as good a description as I've seen recently.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

There's a lot going unsaid there. Why was this person approached to provide financial assistance? Was it a general fund raiser or were they targeted? Did they know the person who was asking for help? How close was their relationship?

If I was approached to contribute, I'd think twice if I didn't know them well enough and would be highly unlikely to chip in.

The spirits stuff is a distraction from the real story that's not being reported. There's loads of kooky people in Brighton with all sorts of beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        There's a lot going unsaid there. Why was this person approached to provide financial assistance? Was it a general fund raiser or were they targeted? Did they know the person who was asking for help? How close was their relationship?

If I was approached to contribute, I'd think twice if I didn't know them well enough and would be highly unlikely to chip in.

The spirits stuff is a distraction from the real story that's not being reported. There's loads of kooky people in Brighton with all sorts of beliefs.
        Brighton is becoming a bit of a tech growth area supposedly so maybe an influx of contractors explains all that kookiness!

Having lived in Brighton I agree there are a lot of 'alternative' people but it has quite a high proportion of people who are quite mainstream.

Comment

provide financial help with a surgery for a trans person
          What was the surgery?
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            What was the surgery?
            I don't know if it was a StrapaDichtomy or a LopaCockoffmy.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              Brighton is becoming a bit of a tech growth area supposedly so maybe an influx of contractors explains all that kookiness!

Having lived in Brighton I agree there are a lot of 'alternative' people but it has quite a high proportion of people who are quite mainstream.
              Mainstream huh.. mainstream, that's a nice word for normal isn't it hey. Can't hide behind words. That's gonnato offend someone somewhere surely? If not I'll be offended that no one is offended just to keep the status quo.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                I don't know if it was a StrapaDichtomy or a LopaCockoffmy.
                Ballstone removal?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got to be a joke in there about MacDonald and a beefy quarter pounder, I just cba right now.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X