Doom : MacDonald Doom : MacDonald
Posts 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,204

    Default Doom : MacDonald

    Puts her foot in it...

    "Workers quit Happy Maki Brighton over trans comments"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Argus
    WORKERS at a vegan restaurant have quit en masse after its owner claimed trans people were being influenced by spirits.

    Happy Maki owner Anna MacDonald made the claim after she was asked to provide financial help with a surgery for a trans person, who worked nearby.

    At least seven workers at the vegan sushi bar in Pool Valley, Brighton, half the workforce, resigned in protest after the response was made public.

    In the email to the trans person, Ms MacDonald said: “I have a lot of compassion for anyone who finds themselves feeling not right in their own skin/bodies.

    “From the research I have done, I believe that gender dysphoria is due to spirits and spirit over-cloaking.

    “I didn’t believe in spirits until recently so I get that it’s probably a bit out there, but I have been shocked and a bit scared about what I have read and how easy it is for them to control and manipulate people’s thoughts and feelings.”
    A Witch hunt?

    From the comments...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Argus, Comments
    FFS really, we are going mad ? I can see tomorrow's headline "Plant eating transgender vegan liberals-having a beef" !

    Animals may have feelings, but they also have flavours.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 29th October 2020 at 09:34.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj is NOT a disguised employee

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    To be fair, it's as good a description as I've seen recently.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,885

    Default

    There's a lot going unsaid there. Why was this person approached to provide financial assistance? Was it a general fund raiser or were they targeted? Did they know the person who was asking for help? How close was their relationship?

    If I was approached to contribute, I'd think twice if I didn't know them well enough and would be highly unlikely to chip in.

    The spirits stuff is a distraction from the real story that's not being reported. There's loads of kooky people in Brighton with all sorts of beliefs.

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    edison has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's a lot going unsaid there. Why was this person approached to provide financial assistance? Was it a general fund raiser or were they targeted? Did they know the person who was asking for help? How close was their relationship?

    If I was approached to contribute, I'd think twice if I didn't know them well enough and would be highly unlikely to chip in.

    The spirits stuff is a distraction from the real story that's not being reported. There's loads of kooky people in Brighton with all sorts of beliefs.
    Brighton is becoming a bit of a tech growth area supposedly so maybe an influx of contractors explains all that kookiness!

    Having lived in Brighton I agree there are a lot of 'alternative' people but it has quite a high proportion of people who are quite mainstream.

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DealorNoDeal is NOT a disguised employee

    DealorNoDeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    provide financial help with a surgery for a trans person
    What was the surgery?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    What was the surgery?
    I don't know if it was a StrapaDichtomy or a LopaCockoffmy.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Brighton is becoming a bit of a tech growth area supposedly so maybe an influx of contractors explains all that kookiness!

    Having lived in Brighton I agree there are a lot of 'alternative' people but it has quite a high proportion of people who are quite mainstream.
    Mainstream huh.. mainstream, that's a nice word for normal isn't it hey. Can't hide behind words. That's gonnato offend someone somewhere surely? If not I'll be offended that no one is offended just to keep the status quo.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    I don't know if it was a StrapaDichtomy or a LopaCockoffmy.
    Ballstone removal?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Got to be a joke in there about MacDonald and a beefy quarter pounder, I just cba right now.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •