• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Anti-Semitic Under Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour Anti-Semitic Under Corbyn

What a surprise (not).

Labour broke equalities law over anti-Semitism - BBC News

A report into allegations of anti-Semitism in Labour found the party was "responsible for unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination".

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) said it "identified serious failings" in the party's leadership in addressing anti-Semitism.

It also said the party had "inadequate processes" for handling complaints.

The watchdog gave the party an unlawful act notice, meaning it has to publish an action plan within six weeks.

The Labour Party was plagued by accusations of anti-Semitism from 2016, during the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn.

Mr Corbyn insisted he was getting to grips with the issue and had improved the party's internal disciplinary procedures.

He was replaced by Sir Keir Starmer in April, who said tackling anti-Semitism within the party was his "priority".

The EHRC launched its investigation in May last year after receiving a number of complaints from organisations and individuals, including the Jewish Labour Movement.

In its report, the watchdog found the party responsible for three breaches of the Equality Act, namely:

*Political interference in anti-Semitism complaints
    *Failure to provide adequate training to those handling anti-Semitism complaints
    *Harassment

In a statement, it said: "The equality body's analysis points to a culture within the party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent anti-Semitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it."
    Last edited by SueEllen; 29 October 2020, 10:34.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Full report here - Investigation into antisemitism in the Labour Party | Equality and Human Rights Commission

Comment

The question is at what time today will SKS remove the people named in the report from the party.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm still waiting for the Conservative Party investigation into Islamophobia within it's ranks but won't be holding my breath
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The question is at what time today will SKS remove the people named in the report from the party.

How is he going to get rid of Len McCluskey? Who doesn't seem to recognise when he makes anti-semitic comments about someone e.g. Peter Mandelson he doesn't like.

Comment

Is it slow news day at BBC ? Or maybe they need to deflect some pressure off Boris and his school meals fiasco ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Is it slow news day at BBC ? Or maybe they need to deflect some pressure off Boris and his school meals fiasco ?
              This news is on every single news website. In fact The Guardian are doing a rolling update of it.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I'm still waiting for the Conservative Party investigation into Islamophobia within it's ranks but won't be holding my breath
                Calm down, don't lose your head.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Whataboutery at its finest.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Corbyn suspended over Labour anti-Semitism report

Corbyn suspended over Labour anti-Semitism report - BBC News
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X