• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lock down or give up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock down or give up?

These wishy washy local restrictions seem to being naff all, whether because the restrictions themselves don't work or (more likely IMO) because people think they're pointless and ignore them.

As other nations are going into national lockdowns again, it seems to me we are getting to the point we need to bite the bullet and do the same, or we might as well just give up and let nature take its course. Preferably the former. With a vaccine no sure thing is there really any end in sight?

For a brief period it seemed UK was actually doing well as cases began to start in the EU again, but in fact we still just seem a few weeks behind them and refusing to learn.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

People can't follow the guidelines as they are too complicated.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      "don't go to the pub"
      "don't go into other peoples' houses"
      "wash your hands, wear a mask, keep 2m apart"

It's blinding obvious, you don't need to know every detail to tell if you are being sensible.

The rules during national lockdown were as complicated and yet it worked well.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        "don't go to the pub"

It's blinding obvious, you don't need to know every detail to tell if you are being sensible.

Right so you shouldn't visit your family who help you out or need help?

Odd that older children and young adults can hang round in groups of up to 350....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Too complicated for cretins, you mean.

Comment

Right so you shouldn't visit your family who help you out or need help?

Odd that older children and young adults can hang round in groups of up to 350....
            It's also odd that kids (seems to include up to 17yo) don't need to wear masks and are allowed to run wild around shops.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              "don't go to the pub"

Except that's not "the rules" - there are currently at least 4 or 5 variations of "lockdown" in various parts of the country.

I can go to the pub, but I can't go to somebody elses house.

Comment

Maybe we should have a referendum to decide the way forward.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

T3 is an utter waste of time. Far too lax to make any difference and that's even if people bothered following them.
                  Pisses me off. People complaining a quality or normal life. Most of them are well off enough to have a job, house and all the trappings so need a change in routine. They are spoiling it for the few that have a genuine reason for ignoring the rules.

It also strikes me the ones ignoring it appear to be the ones that complain about the whole situation most. Odd they dont get its them that's keeping this going to extended the lockdown they so despise. Can they not see T4 or T5 by Xmas and the christ knows what when it spikes? And I wonder who they'll blame for that.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The "lockdown now" types are generally people that think the entire country can do what they have done and work from their spare bedroom on their macbook pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X