• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: English Lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Everybody knows now that what's good enough for Dominic Cummings is good enough for everyone, and most people act accordingly
    True, but if pubs and non-essential shops are all shut then there will be less reason for most people to be out and about on the roads
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      True, but if pubs and non-essential shops are all shut then there will be less reason for most people to be out and about on the roads
      Apart from going to a highly secret rave party

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Can hardly complain when the people collectively tell't them to F£$ off back to the EU.

Notwithstanding politics.. one of the NHS Dr's I follow on Youtube confesses most staff now are fatigued, without the adrenaline they had going into the first lockdown. His concern now is they work themselves into the grave whilst the public applaud their efforts outside the front door like it is some sort of badge of honour. Find the applauding to be honest a little weird as do a number of staff - hope it stops. Sister in-law works in the NHS, the opinions seem to be 'we're doing what we're doing because it is necessary' - there's a real out of touch feeling between what I'm hearing from family working in the trenches and those running the country, but I'm sure you all know that.
        I don't know about Deutschland, but it stopped here back in May/June. You really are 'out of touch'...with reality, mainly...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

People are still doing the clapping thing? That stopped ages ago round my way

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            People are still doing the clapping thing? That stopped ages ago round my way
            It stopped everywhere, but Scooty didn't get the memo...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              I don't know about Deutschland, but it stopped here back in May/June. You really are 'out of touch'...with reality, mainly...
              Hoping to preclude a reintroduction during the 2nd lockdown should things turn to the worst.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Hoping to preclude a reintroduction during the 2nd lockdown should things turn to the worst.
                Can't see that happening now; we're happy to go out on a nice spring evening, but on a cold wet night in November, not so much...

Comment

Can't see that happening now; we're happy to go out on a nice spring evening, but on a cold wet night in November, not so much...
                  In our village they're trying to get everyone to get out for remembrance day and do something .... ring a bell, blow a trumpet or something. They've also talked about resurrecting the NHS thing but as you say, folks are less keen now the weather has turned

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

That explains why Guido did not have any backup...

Comment

Don't worry, that well known journalist, Nigel Farage, will relaunch the Brexit Party as an anti-lockdown party called the Reform Party

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X