• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food for conspiracy theorists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food for conspiracy theorists

“ Add vitamin D to bread and milk to help fight Covid, urge scientists

Widespread deficiency shows that current government guidance on supplements is failing

Scientists are calling for ministers to add vitamin D to common foods such as bread and milk to help the fight against Covid-19.

Up to half the UK population has a vitamin D deficiency, and government guidance that people should take supplements is not working, according to a group convened by Dr Gareth Davies, a medical physics researcher.

Low levels of vitamin D, which our bodies produce in response to strong sunlight, may lead to a greater risk of catching the coronavirus or suffering more severe effects of infection, according to some studies. Last week, researchers in Spain found that 82% of coronavirus patients out of 216 admitted to hospital had low vitamin D levels. The picture is mixed, however – some research shows that vitamin D levels have little or no effect on Covid-19, flu and other respiratory diseases.“

Add vitamin D to bread and milk to help fight Covid, urge scientists | Coronavirus | The Guardian

What’s our resident Mor On is thinking about it?

It may not to be the best way to add vitamin D.
    vitamin D is best taken in the morning and with a fatty food (the body absorbs it better that way)
    I went on vitamin D in March after having a blood test and recommended by a doctor, however, I only need to dose for 7 days and then break for 7 days ad infinitum. Adding more vitamin D may have negative affects.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Gotta get your daily dose of vitamin D.

Comment

Tin-foil-hat time, or maybe not ...

'They' don't want us all on vit d as there's more profit to be made in the more expensive drug treatments for covid, from all that stuff they pumped into Trump to a vaccine that the vulnerable will be on quartely boosters for the rest of their days. Kerching.

Don't take responsibility for your own health, get on those 'treat the symptoms not cure the problem' pills the doctors push at every opportunity. It's all a scam that's been going on for years. Prove me wrong.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Get down to Holland And Barrett. When we returned from Africa we were given this stuff due to insufficient sunlight n the UK:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Get down to Holland And Barrett. When we returned from Africa we were given this stuff due to insufficient sunlight n the UK:

If only they'd left the liver in the cod down the chippy. We as a nation would be immune to covid.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Does goose liver not count?

Comment

Vit-D is the trial I'm involved in for the next 6 months.
                It's suspected to have benefits and much of the UK is deficient - probably due to us being a services/desk job economy, and not as much time spent in gardens any more.

The scientists have come up with the theory and are currently testing it. If it turns out to be valid, then they will have evidence to back it up.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  “ Add vitamin D to bread and milk to help fight Covid, urge scientists
                  With the 5G rollout is happening too slowly, Operation Mink failing before it really got going, this is obviously the latest way for our Lizard Overlords to administer the doses of Covid across the population.

Don't fall for it!

Comment

Indeed.

Bread just hasn't been the same since They took the arsenic and chalk out of it.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X