• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: US Are World Beating!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom: US Are World Beating!

US sets world record for coronavirus cases in 24 hours | World news | The Guardian

The US has set a world record for coronavirus cases in 24 hours, according to one count with just over 100,000 new infections recorded.

The daily caseload of 100,233 – as counted by Reuters – surpassed 97,894 cases reported by India on a single day in September.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

The more you test, the more you find...

Comment

Nothing about it on homepage of Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

So that means it's not true!

Apart from:

"Coronavirus Latest
      Wisconsin AD reveals number of positive COVID-19 cases on Badgers' football team
      Overnight retreat spurred 116 coronavirus cases after student developed symptoms: CDC report
      Coronavirus-laden nursing home loses federal Medicare funding
      Legal group says cities may be violating Constitution by banning trick-or-treating because of coronavirus"

Comment

Have you franchised the Doom threads to SueEllen these days, AtW?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Trump may be right.

The number of cases isn't the important statistic in terms of health impact, it's number of hospitalisations and deaths. So if the virus has mutated to a less serious strain then the more cases the better as it gets you to 'herd immunity' faster so it's harder to spread to the vulnerable.

It ain't going away and the sooner it reaches status of just another coronavirus we live with year in year out the better. Suppressing transmission hoping it goes away won't work unless doing that until a vaccine is available for the masses. NZ are in that boat hoping nothing sinks it.

Any word how Sweden and other non-bedwetting countries are fairing in comparison to the 'keep em scared, everyone's going to die' European countries?
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

More like a hostile takeover!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Trump may be right.

The number of cases isn't the important statistic in terms of health impact, it's number of hospitalisations and deaths. So if the virus has mutated to a less serious strain then the more cases the better as it gets you to 'herd immunity' faster so it's harder to spread to the vulnerable.

It ain't going away and the sooner it reaches status of just another coronavirus we live with year in year out the better. Suppressing transmission hoping it goes away won't work unless doing that until a vaccine is available for the masses. NZ are in that boat hoping nothing sinks it.

Any word how Sweden and other non-bedwetting countries are fairing in comparison to the 'keep em scared, everyone's going to die' European countries?
              Google is your friend but you knew that didn't you:

Sweden hits highest daily COVID-19 spread as chief epidemiologist says herd immunity not '''ethically justifiable''' - ABC News

Sweden's death rate per capita is several times higher than its Nordic neighbours, but lower than some larger European countries, such as Spain and Britain.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Fake news!
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Sweden have lower deaths per capita than the UK and they still have an economy.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Have you franchised the Doom threads to SueEllen these days, AtW?
                    It’s more of a DOOM collective thing

We’ll need it for what’s imminent...

Comment

Working...
                    X