• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen New Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Spector View Post
    How on earth has Cater Allen managed to make its web portal UX worse than the old version?

They've particularly out done themselves by preventing the password text boxes from accepting a paste from the clipboard or a password manager (I'm currently setting the password from the dev tools console)

Truly awful.
    Having done a stint for them it is not surprising; they put some useless numpty who thinks they can do web building by following "Help" in an off the shelf package.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Oh God, nor more of them. I live on Exmoor, and mobile coverage here is as bad as it was in medievil times!

Sometimes I have to wait several minutes for my OTP to arrive. I hope they haven't started stringently time-limiting them, say to one minute, or I'm fecked.
      Did no-one tell them that SMS was not built to be instantaneous?

I generally have no issue with mobile reception but randomly I don't receive codes for an hour.

I'm sure a few other banks were taken to task over this oversight....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Did no-one tell them that SMS was not built to be instantaneous?

I generally have no issue with mobile reception but randomly I don't receive codes for an hour.

I'm sure a few other banks were taken to task over this oversight....
        Often when abroad SMS messages don't arrive at all

Comment

I got the migration SMS fine but since migrating to the new account I can't login since the SMS don't arrive (on 3).

The support lady was helpful and said there was a 15 min period in which SMS aren't resent but I've still not been able to login

Is Munzo's business accn any good?

Comment

Two factor auth using SMS or phone call seems to be very common now, some companies use it for VPN access as well. If your phone is out of battery or you cannot access it quickly you are in trouble. But, it must be a small compromise for an extra layer of security which in my opinion looks to be very strong. It is unlikely that a SMS or phone call can be intercepted by fraudsters.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I've created a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-⌘-J) for quickly disabling/enabling JavaScript, just to get around sites that do dumb things like disabling password paste

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                Completely agree.

It is perhaps one of the worst downgrades I've seen in a long time. It looks awful and the functionality appears to be worse than the old site. The only slight silver lining I gather is that there are now faster payments so presumably payments can be made in a matter of minutes rather than waiting 24+ hours as previously although I haven't tried it yet.
                Indeed - in fact, seconds, not minutes. Terrible site, but I paid my October expenses on Saturday evening and the money was already in my personal account by the time I'd logged in to the banking app on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Oh God, nor more of them. I live on Exmoor, and mobile coverage here is as bad as it was in medievil times!

Sometimes I have to wait several minutes for my OTP to arrive. I hope they haven't started stringently time-limiting them, say to one minute, or I'm fecked.
                  Indeed! When I was in hospital the other year I had terrible reception, but wanted to pay my VAT bill the night before I went under the knife, just in case. It took about a dozen attempts before I was finally able to get a one-time code within the time limit, by perching my phone on a window sill at the absolute furthest reach of the leads from the heart monitor

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Two factor auth using SMS or phone call seems to be very common now, some companies use it for VPN access as well. If your phone is out of battery or you cannot access it quickly you are in trouble. But, it must be a small compromise for an extra layer of security which in my opinion looks to be very strong. It is unlikely that a SMS or phone call can be intercepted by fraudsters.
                    SIM card cloning is rife and easy. I don't like SMS for MFA at all.

Comment

I've defended the CA portal in the past but now admit it's pretty awful. Massive clunk factor. Unpasteable passwords. Eccentric column alignments, reduced legibility, unhelpful default display, shaky rendering, short time out, being forced to select your account from a list of 1 item again and again, *and again*. I mean, who wrote this stuff ? I've seen 80's computer mag type-ins with a better UX.

Comment

Working...
                      X