• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen New Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen New Website

How on earth has Cater Allen managed to make its web portal UX worse than the old version?

They've particularly out done themselves by preventing the password text boxes from accepting a paste from the clipboard or a password manager (I'm currently setting the password from the dev tools console)

Truly awful.

Preventing Paste for passwords seems to be new trend - hope CUK will never do it

Comment

No idea, but it's an absolute masterclass on utter crapness.

The developers should be truly commended for their achievement and, if they are CUKers, then my hearty congratulations for taking your client to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Preventing Paste for passwords seems to be new trend - hope CUK will never do it
        People thought this practice was a good idea about 15 years ago, but is now a recognized security anti-pattern. The fact that Cater Allen are not up to speed on this doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Spector View Post
          People thought this practice was a good idea about 15 years ago, but is now a recognized security anti-pattern. The fact that Cater Allen are not up to speed on this doesn't fill me with confidence at all.
          It is idiotic now because of having to use unique passes for each site

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            No idea, but it's an absolute masterclass on utter crapness.

The developers should be truly commended for their achievement and, if they are CUKers, then my hearty congratulations for taking your client to the cleaners.
            Completely agree.

It is perhaps one of the worst downgrades I've seen in a long time. It looks awful and the functionality appears to be worse than the old site. The only slight silver lining I gather is that there are now faster payments so presumably payments can be made in a matter of minutes rather than waiting 24+ hours as previously although I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Why did they have to mess around with the old website? It seemed perfectly OK to me.

(Haven't tried to use the new one yet)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                Completely agree.

It is perhaps one of the worst downgrades I've seen in a long time. It looks awful and the functionality appears to be worse than the old site. The only slight silver lining I gather is that there are now faster payments so presumably payments can be made in a matter of minutes rather than waiting 24+ hours as previously although I haven't tried it yet.
                Can confirm faster payments now work - paid my salary a day earlier than needed as usual and received it the same day.

So an improvement there.

TBH I don't find the new layout to be awful. For sure there are some issues (like the constant need for OTPs and the accounts drop down not being defaulted when there is only one account) but overall it doesn't seem too bad. I haven't had to create a new payee yet though so I may change my mind.
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

TBH I don't find the new layout to be awful. For sure there are some issues (like the constant need for OTPs ..
                  Oh God, nor more of them. I live on Exmoor, and mobile coverage here is as bad as it was in medievil times!

Sometimes I have to wait several minutes for my OTP to arrive. I hope they haven't started stringently time-limiting them, say to one minute, or I'm fecked.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                    Completely agree.

Yeah, faster payments work, as long as you don't need to add a new payee and send a payment that exceeds, say, a packet of crisps, in which case you need about 5 different OTPs and a phone call to confirm.

Oh, and they deleted about half my payees during migration.

Comment

Working...
                    X