• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Those being looked out for now are themselves responsible for bringing up the next generation. So, by helping people today, we are also helping the adults of tomorrow.
    Spoken like a true boomer. I'm sure the next generation would prefer cheaper housing, a stock market that has decent price to earning ratio and not a massive amount of tax being spent on servicing public debt to keep those two items artificially high.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

What’s a mortgage?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Those being looked out for now are themselves responsible for bringing up the next generation. So, by helping people today, we are also helping the adults of tomorrow.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          Spoken like a true boomer. I'm sure the next generation would prefer cheaper housing, a stock market that has decent price to earning ratio and not a massive amount of tax being spent on servicing public debt to keep those two items artificially high.
          So what's your solution, let people fail en masse, make them homeless (or truly bail them out by paying their arrears due to bankruptcy). Dismantle all companies with a poor PE ratio (you know the correct PE ratio I assume).

How will choices like the above work on the international scale (everyone is participating in QE and propping up society right now).

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
            What’s a mortgage?

what you have on your BTLs!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              So what's your solution, let people fail en masse, make them homeless (or truly bail them out by paying their arrears due to bankruptcy). Dismantle all companies with a poor PE ratio (you know the correct PE ratio I assume).

How will choices like the above work on the international scale (everyone is participating in QE and propping up society right now).
              He's a snowflake - don't expect any answers from him. They only know how to complain, not how to work out the reality of a situation or to answer the difficult questions. In a work environment you will see them as people who bring up all the problems but none of the solutions.

Comment

It's a payment holiday, not an interest holiday. Like not paying your credit card off.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I already alluded to the answer but raise taxes and make it clear that it's not a free hand out the from the next generation but it will be paid back by ours. Inheritance tax/capital gains tax hike would be a start.

Change the financial system so QE is the norm not borrowing from future generations for these bailout scenario. Even better regulation of industry so no one is to big to fail.

Fund a proper welfare state through tax increases.

Defaulting on a mortgage or even bankruptcy/IVA would not make you homeless either that is a lengthy process that the courts would take mitigating factors into account such as children.

Also there is a mortgage/debt holiday during this time to stop that happening to stop the IVA/Bankruptcies occurring. When that stops I hope things are ok but I suspect that bailouts will still be needed. How those bailouts are funded is a big concern.
                  Last edited by BlueSharp; 3 November 2020, 13:34.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

You make it sound like there's no choice. Cute.

If failed businesses / households do not go under through acceptance the market will do it for you. Just as it has done so many times before. Tories are turning the UK into Venezuela quicker the comrade Corybn could ever do.

This time next year they'll be blaming it on B or C-19 as to why they're saddled with a mortgage that is 2x the value of their home. Suddenly going bankrupt the year before looks like sunny uplands.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      He's a snowflake - don't expect any answers from him. They only know how to complain, not how to work out the reality of a situation or to answer the difficult questions. In a work environment you will see them as people who bring up all the problems but none of the solutions.

And you're levered up to the eye-balls before a major deflation event. Quality stuff.

Remember how you said the FTSE 100 would never reach 4500 in a million years?

Comment

Working...
                      X