• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Boomer?

Not even close fella. My parents are though, if that helps your argument
    You're old before your time
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      You're old before your time
      Unlike you, I'm mature. You don't have to be old to be mature.

I can't help that you're not as successful as you think you should be. I can't help that you are jealous of what you perceive others to have that you don't. These are all your emotions that you could choose to control, or choose to let them control you.

You and Scooty are 2 peas in a pod. Stop worrying about what others have and just be content with your own lives. Life is short, enjoy what you have.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Unlike you, I'm mature.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Unlike you, I'm mature. You don't have to be old to be mature.

I can't help that you're not as successful as you think you should be. I can't help that you are jealous of what you perceive others to have that you don't. These are all your emotions that you could choose to control, or choose to let them control you.

You and Scooty are 2 peas in a pod. Stop worrying about what others have and just be content with your own lives. Life is short, enjoy what you have.
          I'm very content thanks. It just amazes me how many people like you are in the world who would rather be seen to be right than engage in a reasoned debate and result in tantrums and name-calling when they don't get their way.

Yes you're very mature, you're the most mature adult on here. Does that help the butt hurt?
          Last edited by BlueSharp; 3 November 2020, 15:33.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            I like your other posts so I'm surprised by this, so I'll try to explain.

You already know that this sentence makes no sense.

The £50k BBL cannot be used to buy property. This counts as fraud and will be penalised.
            Stamp Duty holiday helps mainly first time buyers and those moving house. Investors still have to pay the 3% surcharge and anyway do not buy based on the minor advantage of a stamp duty cut.
            Taking mortgage holidays mean that property owners end up paying more to the banks in interest. The debt is not 'forgiven'. They also get black-balled for future mortgages by a number of lenders.

When's the last time you paid 60% tax on anything? It's not becoming of a contractor to whinge about taxes.
            And 'less than zero taxes'? No idea where you get that from. Try looking up Section 24 taxation and see how many property investors had to pay > 100% tax (yes, sounds unbelievable but it is true).
            I don’t know why you don’t understand that sentence. If the government prints a pound, all the other pounds become worth a bit less. So loadsamoney contractors lose wealth, people with mortgages become wealthier because now they owe less in real terms.

Are you sure about the 50k loans? I heard they were being used for property deposits - seems a good idea for the borrowers because they keep any profits and the tax payer gets any losses.

The stamp duty holiday hurts mainly first time buyers since the prices have gone up more than 3%.

Taking mortgage holidays mean that property owners pay less in real terms (if mortgage rates are less than inflation).

“Less than zero taxes” is because the handouts in housing benefit are higher than the tax take from landlords.

I’ve not paid 60% taxes, but many permies do, at 100,000 per year. I’ve refused a few roles from the pimps because of this. Don’t fancy my enemies getting twice as much money as I do, while I do all the work.. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
              I don’t know why you don’t understand that sentence. If the government prints a pound, all the other pounds become worth a bit less. So loadsamoney contractors lose wealth, people with mortgages become wealthier because now they owe less in real terms.
              It's always happened, it always will happen. QE has accelerated the process - yes for sure.

Are you sure about the 50k loans? I heard they were being used for property deposits - seems a good idea for the borrowers because they keep any profits and the tax payer gets any losses.
              Yes I'm sure.

The stamp duty holiday hurts mainly first time buyers since the prices have gone up more than 3%.
              FTBs have been the main buyers over the past 6 months. Late to the party and unfortunately the first ones to suffer if prices fall next year.

Taking mortgage holidays mean that property owners pay less in real terms (if mortgage rates are less than inflation).
              UK inflation is 0.7%. BTL mortgage rates are anywhere from 2% to 4%+.

“Less than zero taxes” is because the handouts in housing benefit are higher than the tax take from landlords.
              So what you're saying is that the Treasury loses out because they're paying out more in benefits than taking in through taxation. Could well be, but there are plenty of examples on the Taxpayers' Alliance that proves how wasteful government is with taxes. This does not mean that landlords are paying "less than zero tax". It doesn't matter who pays the rent: income is income either way and will be taxed according. Read up on Section 24 tax. Trust me: don't believe everything you read on Scooter-type websites... I was drawn in by them years ago and it cost me dearly.

I’ve not paid 60% taxes, but many permies do, at 100,000 per year. I’ve refused a few roles from the pimps because of this. Don’t fancy my enemies getting twice as much money as I do, while I do all the work.. It doesn’t make any sense to me.
              Income tax + NI on £100k is £33k. Effective tax rate ~ 33%
              Get your facts from the proper sites and not from places that sheep like Scooter visit. I warned him months ago to turn around his thinking, that he was heading into an abyss of negativity, but he's latched onto some real doomsday sites and can't shift back now. It's too late from him. When's the last time you heard him say anything positive? He will now only learn from personal experience, when his life unravels due to his extreme decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Get your facts from the proper sites
                Well you’re the one who believes the government site that pretends inflation is low.

The housing benefit is not just a huge gift to landlords, it also forces up the rents for everyone. So even landlords who aren’t directly scrounging from it benefit hugely.

OK, I’m a bit bitter because the quarantine means I can’t get my buy-to-let house ready to rent out, but it really is insane the amount of tax money they funnel to lazy nonproductive people-farmers. I think the country was better off under feudalism than it is now.

The tax on each pound just after 100k is 60% (plus national insurance and vat if applicable).
                Last edited by hugebrain; 3 November 2020, 18:23.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  I'm very content thanks. It just amazes me how many people like you are in the world who would rather be seen to be right than engage in a reasoned debate and result in tantrums and name-calling when they don't get their way.

Yes you're very mature, you're the most mature adult on here. Does that help the butt hurt?
                  So, according to you, because I don't agree with you I'm not engaging in a reasoned debate? Interesting

Also note that you're in the minority on the debate in this thread. It is therefore you and your mate Scooty who wants to be seen as right, whilst the rest of us are wrong. You see how your statement above makes you look silly?

Comment

Wasn't there a whiney sockie stating the same guff a few weeks ago that got banned? #Asking4AFriend

But, to answer your point, who cares what others earn? If this bothers you, you will never be happy. There will always be someone earning more than you but doing less work than you. Always.

Negotiate a rate/salary you're happy with. When you're happy with the rate, just get on with your job. Easy.

Comment

Well you’re the one who believes the government site that pretends inflation is low.

The housing benefit is not just a huge gift to landlords, it also forces up the rents for everyone. So even landlords who aren’t directly scrounging from it benefit hugely.

OK, I’m a bit bitter because the quarantine means I can’t get my buy-to-let house ready to rent out, but it really is insane the amount of tax money they funnel to lazy nonproductive people-farmers. I think the country was better off under feudalism than it is now.

The tax on each pound just after 100k is 60% (plus national insurance and vat if applicable).
                      So all your whiney posts are because you're bitter. Get over it mate. Staying bitter is not healthy and does neither you nor your family any good.

And you sound like the sockie that claimed he had £75k passive income and was complaining about paying tax on other income a month ago. Seems you're bitter about quite a few things in life

Comment

Working...
                      X