• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Negotiate a rate/salary you're happy with. When you're happy with the rate, just get on with your job. Easy.
    Ok, you got me. The fact that the jobs only paid half my contract rate was a teensty factor in my refusing them.

But I was also *REALLY* annoyed by the thought of paying 60% tax.

Comment

Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
      Ok, you got me. The fact that the jobs only paid half my contract rate was a teensty factor in my refusing them.

But I was also *REALLY* annoyed by the thought of paying 60% tax.
      That rate is only on the marginal difference between 100k and 110k. So bung another 10k into pension as salary sacrifice. Job sorted.
      Once your salary goes above 110k then scrap the salary sacrifice and use personal contributions.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Once your salary goes above 110k then scrap the salary sacrifice and use personal contributions.
        So that there is more money chasing the same overinflated assets and just create more inflation?
        When redemption day comes I would expect the pension funds to do their national duty and scoop up most of the products on the market.
        Let’s not forget what CDO’s we had rated as AAA before ‘08. Assuming that same people that have done that are now “good boys” is just wishful thinking.
        For me I’d rather have 40p now than 1£ at retirement(35y away from here.

No matter on what side we are on let’s just agree that the response for this pandemic seems to favour the haves and disadvantage the have nots.
        It seems that the fairness is no longer there in the rulebook.
        There is no term of comparison between allowing young people to go on UC and getting mortgage holiday, furlough money and protection for your tenants.
        In case people do not know people under 35 do not receive the 1 bed housing allowence, they are forced to take a shared accomodation at reduced rate as well. So basically if a single <35 is in private rental he will have to move or stave.

Most of the discussion here and the issues revolve around housing. It it hadn’t been propped out so hard for so long maybe it wouldn’t have been a concern now.

Giving everyone over 18 £600 in their bank account, for a few months would have been a more sensible approach. Can’t live off that? Than maybe your financial decisions aren’t so sound...

An example: during the middle of the pandemic I was living in a airbnb in town in essex. The landlord, profesional, prefered to keep the property empty than agree a slightly lower figure for another month.
        My best guess is that he was receving compensation from gov in the form of hospitality sector grants and there was more to lose from negociating than status quo. Or he was just an entitled C.
        The same flat will be +100£ after the pandemic because the message is clear, they are protected and they take no risk no matter how far they stretch it.
        It is a dangerous path to go in and I wouls argue we are diverging too far from capitalism.

The younger generation does not believe anymore in the system, I think that is the worst outcome of all. Once you loose trust it will be very tricky to get them to play their part in society. Apart from the actual benefit of getting them to be productive members of society and achieve their full potential.
        Last edited by GigiBronz; 4 November 2020, 01:56.

Comment

So, according to you, because I don't agree with you I'm not engaging in a reasoned debate? Interesting

Also note that you're in the minority on the debate in this thread. It is therefore you and your mate Scooty who wants to be seen as right, whilst the rest of us are wrong. You see how your statement above makes you look silly?
          No it's because you reply like a child having a tantrum and rely on attacking peoples character instead of debating. Just like your reply above still focusing on your make believe assertions instead of the content of the argument.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            No it's because you reply like a child having a tantrum and rely on attacking peoples character instead of debating. Just like your reply above still focusing on your make believe assertions instead of the content of the argument.
            ha ha, hilarious. You're the one throwing a hissy and you think I'm having a tantrum. I'm not the one upset mate. I was trying to help you, but as this means I don't agree with you then you see this as an attack. As I've said before, this is your problem, not mine.

Just keep going through your same whine, over and over again, doesn't make you right
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

ha ha, hilarious. You're the one throwing a hissy and you think I'm having a tantrum. I'm not the one upset mate. I was trying to help you, but as this means I don't agree with you then you see this as an attack. As I've said before, this is your problem, not mine.

Just keep going through your same whine, over and over again, doesn't make you right
              Still going I see
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Still going I see
                Yes, it would appear that you are
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

In a nutshell.

Of all the online fourms I'm using this is the most difficult to stay level headed with his types.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    In a nutshell.

Of all the online fourms I'm using this is the most difficult to stay level headed with his types.
                    So leave.

Comment

You leave, you're not a true believer, I was here before you!
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X