• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Panic Buying...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty basic to understand why panic buying occurs. It's just the same principle as a run on the banks. Your typical panic-buyer is not a far-right Brexiteer but a mum worried about her kids. She hears people are rushing to the stores and wants to make sure she doesn't get caught out, and so perpetuates the cycle. Since last time shops did run out of things for several weeks, it is reasonable to make sure you have things.
    It's about confidence not intelligence.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
      Has anyone see this level of imbecile'ism outside of the UK?
      I think they've been pre-empted here - pallets of bog roll, pasta and flour have been in evidence in supermarkets for several days now. As soon as they get, low, they wheel another pallet out.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I think they've been pre-empted here - pallets of bog roll, pasta and flour have been in evidence in supermarkets for several days now. As soon as they get, low, they wheel another pallet out.
        Your retailers paniced first

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Did you buy them pre-soiled?

Strangely most normal people like them clean. pre soiled by NLyUK
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Usual shopping yesterday. Noticed bog paper shelves were empty again. Loony!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Usual shopping yesterday. Noticed bog paper shelves were empty again. Loony!
              I wish everyone would hold off from panic buying until I've done my own panic buying...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X